the Rift

[OPEN] curiosity killed the cat

Sabre Posts: 21
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 years
Cutlass :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Reli
show me how defenseless you really are.
So here I am—exploring!

I march forward fearlessly, chest puffed out and my head held high, bearing all the confidence that my little heart can muster. The clicking echo of my hooves against the hard cave floor seems to follow me for miles, and the dim light of the cavern seems endless. I pause for a moment, throwing a glance over my shoulder. The cave eventually fades into blackness. Looking forward again, I see the same thing! Where could this place possibly go? Does it go around and around and around the whole world?!

Huffing out a dramatic sigh, I continue my stamping march—boom, boom, boom go my feet through the stone hall—and the rhythm gradually quickens until I’m just running. Faster and faster I go, and I’m pretty sure I’m the fastest thing around, with everything blurring together and the wind howling in my ears, urging me to keep going (faster, faster, faster). I don’t know how much time passes, and I’m not sure when it is that the scenery changes; it just hits me, when my focus expands from the pinpoints of my path, to realize that grimy stone has turned to dazzling crystal.

I come to a graceless halt, hooves skidding and screeching against the glass-like ground, probably scuffing one of my legs somewhere, but I am above the pain. “Woah,” I breathe through my heavy panting, yellow eyes wide with curious wonder. For the first time since I had grasped words, I am speechless.

It is unlike anything I have ever seen!

It’s so…bright. Having been born in the darkest of shadows, comfortable in their dim cocoon, I have to squint my eyes at first, fuzzy dark ears flicking back as I inspect the curious gems. It is by no conscious act that I begin to walk forward. My curiosity gets the better of me—again—and grasps my little heart with a vice-like grip (oh, but how beautiful it is!). I care not for caution or consequences, thinking only of now as I brazenly probe deeper into this labyrinth of crystal, the taste of exploration far too sweet to resist.

notes; In the Crystal Cavern; hopefully this works!:)
“Speech.”
You’re so cold,
but you feel alive—
lay your hand on me one last time.
@Zhu | image credits
JOIN THE EMPIRE

[Image: pixel_i__sabre_by_xxcloudscollide_d9z9zr...9zbmnl.gif]
please tag Sabre in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
curiosity killed the cat - by Sabre - 01-09-2016, 02:48 AM
RE: curiosity killed the cat - by Kratos - 01-15-2016, 07:29 PM
RE: curiosity killed the cat - by Kid - 01-16-2016, 03:29 PM
RE: curiosity killed the cat - by Zhu - 01-21-2016, 01:15 AM