the Rift

[OPEN] curiosity killed the cat

Kratos Posts: 7
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 6yrs HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Dingo

A curious place this was, these caves that were so near the southern edge of this Helvoonia. It was warmer here than in the labyrinth, a strange change for sure; my home of Estanzia had been frigid, its people even more so, and I had always found comfort in the brisk  lsdfj dsl;g 

Descending into the depths of the cave, my hooves clacked vexatiously against the hard, stony floor, disturbing the otherwise quiet atmosphere. Nostrils flared as they took in the brisk air that permeated throughout the cave, and azure eyes took in the intricate cavern. Mighty stalagmites reached for the ceiling like spires, and from the ceiling, there was vegetation of all hues, glowing, and providing gentle light to what would have been an otherwise dark room. The thought of what might happen should someone consume something from here was briefly entertaining, but the thought was lost on something even more captivating. What other wonders did this cave hold? What secrets did it contain, what demons lie in wait just beyond the shadows in every nook and cranny?

Once Jaeger found out I had wandered away in favor of exploring Helvoonia for myself, I knew without a doubt that he would be furious. But I was a Prince, from another world, of course, but I could take care of myself on this little expedition.

As I made to leave the room full of vegetation, I drew to a halt, the sound of rapidly beating hooves striking the stone floor catching my attention. Whoever, or whatever it was, sounded naught but a little thing. With curiosity piqued, I abandoned the strange room and encroached upon the being I heard, following the sound of the reverberating footfalls.

I cringed at the sudden, screeching sound of hoof against rock, but I could tell I was close. The further I went, the more prevalent an etheral glow from ahead became. It's a room full of faintly glowing crystals, looking just as other-worldly as the last section of the  cave I had encountered. There was no way I could be certain as of yet, but they seemed to go on forever, their mass and quantity creating a labyrinth with many corridors to venture down. But what truly caught my attention was the filly that was also in the room, presumably the one I had heard.

Her body was small, spindly legs holding up her young frame. Immediately I felt awkward; my experience with children was quite limited, and though my pride wouldn't allow me to admit it, I was barely out of colthood myself. But it was disconcerting to see a filly so young unaccompanied, especially in a cave so large.

Swallowing thickly, I took a step closer, cerulean eyes settling on her form. "Be careful not to get lost," I warned, vocals lacking the empathy that most might display; it had simply never been my forte. "There's no way of knowing how far back it goes."

"talk"
You see I am the wolf
And this dirty little piggy lives inside of me
You see every now and then
I forget which one I want and which one that I need

Messages In This Thread
curiosity killed the cat - by Sabre - 01-09-2016, 02:48 AM
RE: curiosity killed the cat - by Kratos - 01-15-2016, 07:29 PM
RE: curiosity killed the cat - by Kid - 01-16-2016, 03:29 PM
RE: curiosity killed the cat - by Zhu - 01-21-2016, 01:15 AM