the Rift

[OPEN] curiosity killed the cat

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
KID
I saw her leave, and that made me upset, because why would she leave without taking me with her? I wasn't going to simply stand here dumbfounded at Mother's side and watch her disappear into the shadows, I wanted to go on adventures too! I had made sure Mother wouldn't take notice, racing after my wombmate with excitement coursing through me.  

The idea of going off again is exhilarating, an idea that gives me a burst of energy as I run after Sabre. My stride wasn't as powerful as hers, my little hooves less thunderous and loud and teetering more to the side of dainty yet quick steps. My eagerness to get far away from Mother and instead explore beside Sabre consumed me, gangly legs trying hard to pull me closer to the twin I share so much with. Her presence had become a welcomed thing, something that made me feel less reckless and mellowed me out, a warm touch that was all so familiar. We shared an enclosed space for so long, tangled with one another for so long that being apart felt awkward to me. I didn't like it, having distance between us, it felt wrong. We were supposed to be powerful together, we were supposed to rule the world side by side. She was the only one I would let oppose me, the only one I would accept to be my equal, no one else came close.

She suddenly disappears, seamlessly slipping into a whole new world, a system of caves hidden beneath the hooves of Helovia's residents. I feel a pang of fear shoot through me at watching her vanish into the gaping mouth of the caverns, my sprint coming to abrupt halt as I dance along the edge of the caves, questioning whether to pursue Sabre or wait for her to come out. It's not that I'm scared, it's just that I don't like the idea of going down there to find out that Sabre is long gone, and that I'll end up lost and alone. What will the world do then, without me to rule? It's a rather dismaying thought, one that makes me take one step after another down into the underground, soon quickening when I hear the recognizable thundering of Sabre and her confident strides.

I enter a whole new world, dark, damp and nostalgic. The enclosed spaces make me feel at home as I chase after Sabre, a faint hint of a smile creeping across my face as I get closer to her. "Sabre!" I call out for her, hoping she'll notice me in hot pursuit of her, getting within a few big strides of her. She stops abruptly (why did she have to stop here?) and I almost collide with her as I come to a screeching halt, sinking into my rear end in a desperate attempt to stop myself faster. 

She lets her mouth gape in awe at the caverns surrounding us, open to a world of dazzling crystal plaguing the grimy grey walls. No longer is there dull darkness, but shimmering rainbows of varying degrees, all intense and awe-inspiring to look at. I (obviously) have never seen anything like this, mouth dropping as I shuffle to Sabre's side, intensely focused on the structure of the cavern where all that can be heard is the faintest trickle of water and our synchronized breathing. "Pretty." Is all I manage, mind too busy picking out every single detail of the crystals hanging above our heads. 

I notice someone watching, in turn watching them look at Sabre. What they thought of her I do not know, but their staring unsettles me to the point where I try to step between them and Sabre. I try to look stern, intimidating. It was a stallion who was all purple, a violet mongrel with curling horns from behind his ears. Mother has said before we are above everybody with horns or wings, that Sabre and I are stronger than them, that even at this precious age of none we are still better. Mother used the word scum to describe them, and I remember feeling the hatred in her words even from the distance I was standing. She was passionate in the way of equine supremacy, standing proudly with a fierce expression settled upon her face while she spoke. 

The man speaks and my ears fall back, a rather upset look playing across my face. I didn't need to hear from a stranger the dangers of the caverns we were exploring, Sabre and I were perfectly capable of finding our way out on our own, I didn't need to hear it from scum. I look up at the stallion, displeased that he even thought I would let us get lost underground, that I would listen to someone of his species wholly. It was a lie, I disregarded what he said and instead looked back at Sabre to see if she too had noticed this man by now or was still too consumed by the subtle glow of the gems around us.

[Image: 2dub87c.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
curiosity killed the cat - by Sabre - 01-09-2016, 02:48 AM
RE: curiosity killed the cat - by Kratos - 01-15-2016, 07:29 PM
RE: curiosity killed the cat - by Kid - 01-16-2016, 03:29 PM
RE: curiosity killed the cat - by Zhu - 01-21-2016, 01:15 AM