the Rift

armour and sword [warrior meeting]

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

They come, her warriors, one by one. The first to arrive is a stallion she doesn't recognise, with a hooked horn that she fancies could wrest flesh from bone if he so chose. He points out that he's wanted to meet her, and her womanly pride inches up a few pegs. She's not attention-seeking by design, but damn, it's good to be known. "A pleasure to meet you, soldier. Are you Lithium or Caenan?" She only knows a list of names for her warriors, not faces - she only knows Rohan, the others are all a guessing game. As there's only two male names except for Rohan on her list, that does somewhat narrow her options down.

The second mare she recognises, albeit only from passing. Auriel, she believes her name is. She receives a nod from the silver soldier, before her electric eyes turn to the first familiar face - that of Rohan. Damn, he's even hotter now she's rid herself of the children that had been nestling in her womb last time they met, and her gaze is appraising as she looks him over. She returns his cheek-touch, then settles back to wait for the last two warriors to arrive.

When they show no signs of appearing, she frowns. This is concerning - herself and three other soldiers are not enough to protect a whole damn herd. She will have to do some serious recruiting, and kick some serious ass if there are more warriors that just haven't bothered to show up. "Thank you all for coming. We are waiting for two more, but there is little use in holding on and hoping they turn up, so I'll begin. If they appear, I'm sure they'll soon catch up, once they've recovered from their smacked backsides for their lateness." She flashes a toothy grin to show that she's half-joking. "As the herd's new General, I felt it prudent that I meet with you all to discuss what we're going to do to protect the Edge. My first suggestion is that we all partake in spars this season to keep ourselves in shape and get to know each other a bit more, because I'm a big believer in the fact that you should know the people you share a battlefield with. You will be fighting alongside each other one day, putting your lives in each other's capable hooves. I don't want us to be strangers when that day comes." She looks around, her gaze serious. Lighthearted she may normally be, but about this, she is passionate.

After a beat, she continues. "I hope to spar with all three of you at some point, but for now I'll pair us all up for simple practice battles." She looks between the gathered horses. "You two - " she gestures to Auriel and Caenan with her blackened muzzle "- if it suits you both, will spar before this season's end." She glances to the antlered man, then, a smirk on her lips and a twinkle in her eye. "And Rohan, you get to be that awkward kid who gets paired with the teacher." She winks at him. "I'll be calling you to the battlefield within the next couple of days."

She catches her breath, then glances between the soldiers again. "Whilst we are all here, I would like to hear all of your opinions on how you think we go about protecting the Edge. I might be your General, but we are all warriors here and we all want the same thing, so it seems only fair that we all get an input on how best to defend our home. Do you think the herd has adequate fortifications? Do you believe we need more soldiers in our ranks, or would you prefer a smaller, closer-knit band of brothers and sisters? Do you have any ideas for weapons or armour that we could request from the Glaziers?" She glances to each warrior in turn, making a pointed attempt to meet their gaze and hold it for a fraction of a second before moving on. "I want your opinions, your thoughts, your feelings. We aren't just mindless brawlers, simple swords to be wielded. It isn't good enough to just stomp into battle and hope for the best. So, please, any ideas or feedback you have, speak up." And she falls silent, heart thumping, and hopes.

Sorry for the slow reply! I'll post again once everyone else has :D @Rohan @Auriel @Caenan . Lithium and Orithia are still welcome to join! The new spars are Caenan vs Auriel and Nyx vs Rohan, then Lithium vs Orithia if they both appear. ALSO as there's only a couple of days of the season left, no worries if you don't get the spars up in time!

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
armour and sword [warrior meeting] - by Nyx - 01-09-2016, 08:31 AM
RE: armour and sword [warrior meeting] - by Rohan - 01-16-2016, 08:06 AM
RE: armour and sword [warrior meeting] - by Nyx - 01-29-2016, 05:54 PM