the Rift

[PRIVATE] Stalling Stars

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

I did not mind that I go unnoticed. There is only a slight burn dealt to my pride. It does no more than tingle. I wade to the deeper end of the spring and I face away from the one who has came. I do not desire the company of another. I try to ignore the racket made while they feast on the berries. My ears flick back. Silence would stretch between us if it were not for the noise.

"Aren't they good?" I ask the question in an offhand manner so that if they still choose not to acknowledge me I don't have to nurse my pride past the small burn already dealt. I do want to be noticed whether I will admit it to myself or not. I turn only my head to actually look at whoever it is that has also stumbled upon this part of the Isles. The someone is certainly a he and an interesting he at that. This stallion awakes my curiosity. His tail is something I have never seen before. I am a feathered fish, minus the scales, but he is all bird. His tail belongs on a bird of paradise.

For the stallion preening must be a terrible hassle. Not only does he have to deal with heavily feathered wings but also a tail of feathers? No thank you. The thought is enough to make me wince. It takes me long enough to care for my wings as it is. Not that this guy seems to do much preening. His is a disaster. Fading scabs litter and mar his coat. He is stained by dirt and leaves that cling to him; I assume that he gained the passengers on his way here. Just who is he? Without my notice my body has began to turn in his direction.

An idiot. He is an idiot.

I roll my eyes and once more turn away. I face away only briefly before I am walking out of the water. Soon enough I am standing at his side dripping water on both him and the ground. Seconds turn to what feels like hours as I wait for him to swallow the berry choking him. The longer that this goes on the more trouble that he is in. My annoyance has turned to concern making me feel breathless.

"I, uhm-- " I fold my knees to kneel beside him, "I'm sorry. I do not know what to do." I do know that he needs to remain calm. I have been in the same moment that he has found himself to be in. Only I was led to it by my condition, rather than by choking, but the fear of not being able to draw in a full breath remains the same no matter what the cause is. Panic will only make things worse.

I have no idea what to do. I would seek out help but I doubt any one else is near. All day and part of the night I have been here and he is the first company I have had other than that of my shadow. Still bent with my head resting beside his I look at his eyes. Is it uncaring that even in this moment I am taken by how lovely they are? His eyes begin to bulge ending that thought.

Sighing I stand once more and look down at the stallion. I stand still but I step out of my zone of comfort. Spreading a wing I bring my magic forth and for a few seconds flames dance wildly on my feathers before fading once more. Instead of folding my wing back to my side I lay it against his back once it has cooled enough to be no more than what I hope to be a comforting warmth. There is nothing more that I can do to help.

@Timothy

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
Stalling Stars - by Faeanne - 01-09-2016, 11:54 AM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Timothy - 01-09-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Faeanne - 01-09-2016, 02:48 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Timothy - 01-09-2016, 04:10 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Faeanne - 01-09-2016, 07:27 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Timothy - 01-10-2016, 05:51 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Faeanne - 01-10-2016, 08:11 PM