the Rift

[PRIVATE] Stalling Stars

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

I am calmed after having him listen. I doubt that he is one who would spill his words as carelessly as I had so I offer him comfort in a physical manner. I do not offer any words while I groom his tail feathers so I am surprised whenever he does. "I am an orphan. My parents died saving me." "You are loved." I blush at how sappy my coming words are, but sometimes sappiness is exactly what someone needs to hear. "Love like that does not die." Even if those who carry it do. "Their love is still with you. " I stop grooming for a moment and I step back to take in my work on his tail, "That is why you need to take care of yourself." I wonder if those words mean anything whenever they come from my mouth. What would I know about such a thing? I can only draw knowledge on the matter from fairytales that I hold dear. Now embarrassed I return to grooming him with a blush heating my face.

I only groom for a few moments longer before Timothy's eyes widen once more. His look of fear sets the same emotion to unfurling in my own chest. "Timothy, what is it?" He had been so calm. It had been endearing to see his head lower and his lids grow heavy. His contentment had been contagious and I had hummed a quiet song while grooming him. That moment is gone though. From the look in his eyes it is long gone.

I spin to look behind me. For his fear to come so suddenly surely some beast must have crept up behind us. Wide eyed and breathing heavily I look around us expecting to see a predator with dripping fangs. But nothing is there. Once I am sure of it I turn back to face Timothy.

I make a show out of not retreating and I take a few steps towards him. I am here for him. I want him to know that. I smile warmly and I move towards him. Timothy retreats and bites the air around him. He lashes out and I worry that he will slip on one of the slick stones and hurt himself. Desperate to see him calm and relaxed once more I step towards him. Whenever he starts shaking his head I take it as a moment to try to break through to him. Quickening my pace I offer him words of encouragement, "You are oka--" My words cut short whenever his back hooves crash against my chest. I had not expected him to kick. I am winded and stumble forward coughing before backing away from him.

"ENOUGH!" Still wincing from the kick and slightly leaned down I sigh in relief. For at least another moment Timothy had won. "Visiting ghosts? Or is my voice that terrible?" I ask the second question in reference to the humming in an attempt to lighten the mood. I gently smile at him and ignoring the throbbing of my chest I stand up straight.

I have been in the hot water for too long. I can feel myself getting dizzy. I turn away from Timothy and I walk to the mouth of the spring. "I am not leaving." I call back to him as I pull myself out of the spring. Once out I shake my entire body freeing it from water that still clings to my body. My coat has grown thicker in preparation for Frostfall and after shaking water from myself it poofs up slightly. Water on my wings forms into droplets that slip easily off of my feathers. I am not sure why but I feel self conscious about my fluffed up hair. I hope that I do not look ridiculous.

I walk around the edge of the hot spring until I am on the bank closest to where Timothy is in the water. Folding my legs I lay down and spread my wings out to dry. A yawn comes and goes so I rest my head on the ground but my eyes remain on the alabaster stallion.

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
Stalling Stars - by Faeanne - 01-09-2016, 11:54 AM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Timothy - 01-09-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Faeanne - 01-09-2016, 02:48 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Timothy - 01-09-2016, 04:10 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Faeanne - 01-09-2016, 07:27 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Timothy - 01-10-2016, 05:51 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Faeanne - 01-10-2016, 08:11 PM
RE: Stalling Stars - by Timothy - 01-10-2016, 08:40 PM