the Rift

[OPEN] through the mist, through the woods

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
Amara
Upon Sameira's request I'd bathed, cleansing myself of all the caked on dirt, blood, sweat and anything else that helplessly clinged to me like a newborn to its dam, but unbeneficial and with a lot less love. To make her statement, Sameira had taken an exaggerated whiff of me before falling over to play dead, wrinkling her nose at the scents I emitted from every crevice of my being. Sameira had even taken the time to swipe her tail over me as if saying, you still stink so let me help. I accepted the rather rough scrubbing from her tail, feeling better as I rose from the water fresh but still scarred and fatigued, my sleepless nights not going unnoticed. They were apparent in the way my lids drooped, in the way my metallic amber eyes dulled every passing minute. Even the way I walked showed tell tale signs of sleep deprivation, slow and ungraceful movements carried me into a territory I'd never before explored. 

Shoots of bamboo rose high, producing a thick canopy that loomed over head yet still allowed for rays of light to shine through the collection of leaves, greenery rising all around me. It was a sight most spectacular, a change of scenery considering I'd been spending all my time in the darkest, most secluded places possible. "Sameira wants to go ahead, do not lose Amara." Is all you say before leaping away, probably to go gnaw on some innocent squirrel's head. I walk at a casual pace, head on a swivel and ears constantly perked as I listen in for signs of a pursuer, or of shadow monsters coming out to play despite the vibrance of the sun above, providing protection from what lurked in the night. It was uncommon for me to be awake so early, when the sun was still up and the rest of the world was still awake, I was something of the night, keeping wide awake while the shadows ruled because I could not submit to my most vulnerable state while monsters preyed. 

This state of silence, of utter loneliness, it made my thoughts seem so much louder. All these hushed whispers building up into one rather violent chant, restless and unrelenting as my mind throbs from all the frantic cries. I look beyond the tree lines, thinking that in my quiet pondering I'd found Sameira, my body picking up the pace despite the cries of protest my wounds produce, still oozing and giving off a rather nauseating aroma. When I enter the point where I'd seen her, there is nothing to be found but more bamboo and grasses, mocking me for so foolishly falling into their clutches, stumbling into their web like a fly to a spider. I was lost, a subtle panic flowering over my body, paralyzing my limbs as I succumb to the idea that I will never find a way out, that this will be how I die. It will be a painful demise, eaten by the shadows that lurk because I was too cowardly to move from my position now, too weak to push myself into gear. "Amara! Come quickly! Sameira found something!" 

But where are you talking about? I'm lost, stuck in this god damn greenery looking like a storm cloud on a sunny day. "Follow Sameira, she knows where to go!" As if on cue you burst forth, pink tongue lolled out and movement frantic. Together we rush forward, my heart pounding with exhilaration on what you've found. The possibilities were endless, but my most favoured was Sikeax. I hadn't seen her in so long, and we'd departed abruptly, our separation a blur as I fail to remember what occurred. I recall the faintest need to sleep, feeling like lying down to nap while my mind was a blur of panic and calm, but beyond that I can't grasp anything. 

We stumble upon a babe, young and alone, just as he calls out for his mother. The panic is easy to pick up, my gaze softening and throat clearing as I step a little closer. I don't know how to approach children, I've never actually interacted with many of them one on one, they've always been an attachment to someone else I've talked to, but never have I made direct contact. You pad up beside me, ears alert as your dual-tone gaze settles on the lamb, both of us moving together as a single motherly unit (who knew I could even look approachable?) towards the lost boy. 

"Hey there, is everything alright?" I ask, voice soft and pleasant, nothing compared to the usual quiet hoarseness I got when I spoke. I'd somehow smoothed out my syllables, making myself sound of comfort and sugar, honey and dew with tinged of motherhood and home. I wanted to make sure the little boy felt comfortable, that the colt wouldn't spook and run off to get himself more lost, forcing a subtle look of concern to rise to my features while I looked down at him. 

@Murtagh <3

Messages In This Thread
through the mist, through the woods - by Murtagh - 01-11-2016, 07:29 PM
RE: through the mist, through the woods - by Amara - 01-11-2016, 10:33 PM