the Rift

[PRIVATE] Backlash

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Nature's great masterpiece : an elephant ; the only harmless great thing.
His great mass continued forward, thankfully not colliding with his winged Queen. She flew past him, a snowy blur of anger and pain— both retreating and fighting. His head twisted to the side, eyes squinted from the pain in his nose, watching as she swung to face him. His ears tilted backwards, to hear her cry, before milky wings raise to shield her from his view.

Massive ivory hooves bite into the earth to halt his colossal momentum and his knee painfully protests, pushing a groan from his bruised mouth. But he managed to stop his great body, and he stood silently for a moment, ears trained backwards and great slabs of sides moving in exertion of the spar. His right hind leg trembled once, alerting the Elephant of how much damage he had inflicted on himself while trying to use the ripped muscles during the spar.

A deep breath, let out as a long and low sigh, heralded the slow and cautious turn he made to face Elsa. His lips pursed— then quickly un-pursed when he was reminded of his bruised mouth— as she stood before him, shaking. Something stirred in his barrel, something ugly. It was not his resident demon, but something different…

Ignoring the annoying trickle of russet from behind his right stifle, he gingerly limped towards the Queen, marginally closing the great gap of distance between them. The words he wanted to say did not need to be yelled across this fateful clearing. He stopped when he was closer, still giving the now-apologizing Queen a wide berth, should she desire it. Should he need it. He was not able to move quickly now, and he did not know how she would react to him. It was clear, be her trembles and the crazed looks and attacks in their spar, that she was battling more than just an Elephant.

“No, my Queen. I am sorry. I thought—” he cuts himself off, he had thought this spar would be good, that it would solidify the ruling relationship of the monarchs. But he, in the newness of his reign, had been wrong. Another heavy breath left his nostrils, cobalt gaze trying to probe her sapphires, “Elsa, tell me, who needs to get out of your head?” There was a quiet plea in the low rumble.

Tembovu
Credits

ooc| Following this spar. @Elsa sorry this took a month to get up!

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Backlash - by Tembovu - 01-12-2016, 12:19 PM
RE: Backlash - by Elsa - 01-14-2016, 09:17 PM
RE: Backlash - by Tembovu - 01-19-2016, 03:12 AM
RE: Backlash - by Elsa - 01-19-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: Backlash - by Tembovu - 01-21-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: Backlash - by Elsa - 01-23-2016, 02:53 PM
RE: Backlash - by Tembovu - 01-25-2016, 08:07 PM
RE: Backlash - by Elsa - 02-03-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: Backlash - by Tembovu - 02-08-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: Backlash - by Elsa - 02-09-2016, 03:59 PM