[OPEN] A Stranger in the Land of My Birth [Joining!]

Luken Posts: 27
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.0 :: Three Years [Tallsun Born] HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
If I Shout and Can't Be Heard,
I Want to be Destroyed at Your Hands</style>

While I Can Still be Called "Me"

Surely none of it would be the same, and honestly, Luken wondered just what compelled him to return to the land of his birth. Would there be anything there for him? Would there be anyone there who he even recognized? Or would there be strangers at every twist and turn? Shouldn’t he be trying to find Destrier? Laila? Someone he knew?

“I’m such a terrible son,” the draft-mutt lamented on a depressed whimper, struggling to decide if he should continue on his path or just turn tail and run away. He was a terrible son, a terrible brother, a terrible soldier, a terrible everything. What had he done in his life that warranted pride? Nothing. Nothing at all. He wasn’t a talented scholar, a battle-hardened warrior, a gentle medic… He had achieved literally nothing save learning to walk, and what did he have to show for it? Nothing. Zilch. Nada. The list of failures far outweighed his list of accomplishments, and such knowledge was enough to weigh heavy on a broken heart.

I’m no better than Mother.

With that dark, self-loathing thought and an equally heavy heart, Luken picked his path carefully towards the borders of the World’s Edge. Frost clung to the trees and the vegetation, the early morning sun marred by clouds in the sky and the thick canopy overhead. Mists curled about the base of the trees, and Luken dipped his pale crown to avoid a low hanging limb. Every step was carefully placed, legs carrying the painted stallion over roots and other such undergrowth, and it was only when he reached the remnants of the Glass Wall that he stopped.

An ear flicked forward, then swiveled behind him, listening. Would anyone even be around this early in the morning? Soldiers on patrol? A medic searching for herbs? A leader, refusing outsiders like him from entering their land? Large, robust muscles quivered in anticipation, waiting, watching... Hoping.

Swallowing thickly, warm, soulful pools of chocolate stared out at the familiar lands of his birth, and he nickered. The sound carried through the trees, and hopefully someone would hear. Maybe, just maybe, he could get the answers he so desperately needed, and maybe… He could come home again.

ooc: Luken is hoping to return home to the Edge. :D Everyone is welcome. <3

Messages In This Thread
A Stranger in the Land of My Birth [Joining!] - by Luken - 01-12-2016, 12:27 PM