the Rift

[PRIVATE] everglow

d'Arcy Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 2 years :: Tallsun HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Laine

The little shadow listened attentively as her father described his northern home, but a little frown fell over her face. His explanation had left her less than satisfied. Ice, snow, such thing had been described to her but having never lived though a frostfall she has no real point of reference to the phenomena he had described. Snow, ice, the words meant little to herald she was hard pressed to imagine what real difference they could make on a landscape. She came across this exact conundrum so often: a lack of personal experience, a gap in her knowledge and it frustrated the girl to no end. Cobalt eyes went searching for her mother’s face and found her nod a confirmation. Basin: snow, cold, strong. Edge: warm, safe, home. In her mind she arranged the information and ffiled it away with all the rest before Déodat finished his words.

Crowned? The figure of speech is lost on the child and again she looks quizzically up at her father. Here was another of those confounded things, something she ad been told of but never seen. “I thought crowns were for kings. We only have one king in the Edge, the big one with stripes but I don’t think her wears one.” It was proving to be a tough day for logic. “Are there lots of kings in the Basin? Did you leave your crown there?” d’Arcy’s gaze shifted to glance over at her brother and the thought that sprang to mind made her grin. He’s like a prince then… He should have a crown one day, I could get him one! One day maybe she would. When she was old enough to know all the things that grown-ups know, when she knew everything she could give her brother anything he wanted.

“Mama?” she swivels her little head around to the iron heart and follows with her body, shuffling little feet in the sand. Nix had said that the north made strong horses, but she was string, wasn’t she? Certainly the strongest d’Arcy knew in any case; her mother was the General. “Mama might we go and visit someday? I like our home but we don’t have any snow or crowns. I want to see the crowns, I bet they’re shiny!”

it's bloody and raw
but i swear it is sweet
Image Credits
when I tell you that i love you
don't test my love
accept my love, don't test my love
cause maybe i don't love you all that much

Messages In This Thread
everglow - by Déodat - 01-12-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: everglow - by Nyx - 01-12-2016, 04:17 PM
RE: everglow - by d'Arcy - 01-12-2016, 11:23 PM
RE: everglow - by Déodat - 01-14-2016, 01:13 PM