the Rift

[PRIVATE] what if i make mistakes

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

There was too much going on recently and the orange mare had needed to step away from the Edge and her duties there. She needed a break, to be able to breathe and to relax and process everything that had happened in such a short amount of time. She still felt the weight of guilt bearing down on her whenever she thought about how she had let Tallis attack the stallion, Rift, who had brought Alysanne's daughter back to the Edge. No matter how many times Tallis tried to tell her that the punk had deserved it for his disrespect and his hateful words she disagreed. She was a healer and as a healer she was not meant to hurt. She was meant to help, to heal, but she'd allowed Tallis to attack someone and she hadn't even gone after him to make sure that he had not been wounded horribly.

Then there was Uriel's unexpected return and the way he looked at her when she admitted that she didn't know where his sister was. It made her feel like more of a failure and she beat herself up over what she should and shouldn't have done. She should have gone looking for them instead of waiting for them to come back, she shouldn't have thought that they were simply exploring the Edge. She should have noticed the change in Thor in the days before he finally took off and left. She should have talked to him, asked him what was wrong, put a stop to the heartbreak before it began. She should have been more excited when her son finally came back, she shouldn't have kept so much distance because she was terrified that he would lash out at her and disappear again.

And Faeanne, the beautiful girl that Ruske had brought to her after she'd been abandoned by her own mother. She returned and, again, Eva should have been much happier to see her again. She should have rushed to embrace the girl, to tell her how much she was missed, ask her where she had been, what she had seen, and so many other questions, but she couldn't make herself right then. The only thing she could feel was and continued to feel, was numb.

It wasn't even a pretty day at the beach, the dark clouds and the wind that whipped her hair wildly around her face as she stood staring out at the water was testament enough to the storms that would be rolling in. Still, Eva couldn't make herself leave. She didn't want to go back to the Edge right then because she didn't want to face anyone-- she didn't have the strength to.

'We have to go back sometime.' Tallis murmured as he sat on his bonded's rump and scanned the beach behind her.

"I know." The orange mare whispered back. "But I don't want to yet... I just want to stay here." Alone, away from everyone that had hurt her in the past and everyone that had the potential to. She needed time to put back up the walls that Thor had broken down and mend the heart that he had smashed into millions of little pieces.

"."

Evangeline the Pure

i stood there waiting
hoping you would come around
but you always found a way to let me down

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Tembovu

Messages In This Thread
what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-12-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-14-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-15-2016, 01:19 AM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-17-2016, 04:11 AM