the Rift

[PRIVATE] what if i make mistakes

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

Why was he here? This was the last place he needed to be. The last place he should be. The tangy air, the relentless tide, the caress of endless wind on his buckskin hide… all reminders for pained memories. New pained memories. He had traveled so far, escaped death, to come to Helovia for a new beginning. A new life. And what had he done?

Riddled it with pain. Ears pin flush with his massive skull, eyes squinting against the spray of sand the brisk breeze threw into them. The wind was as agitated as his soul, whipping the sea into a frenzy as it forebode of winter storms looming at the end of Orangemoon. He missed the Tallsun already— and not just for the warmth. It was a happier time…

Heavy hooves of ivory churned the white beach, muscles reveling in the additional exertion required of the deep sand. Head rose, eyes still narrowed against the occasional shower of debris that peppered his face, as he swept up and down the shore. It was a futile and pointless gesture— even if he found the mare he was looking for, he wouldn’t approach her. That time was past, her swollen sides may have even burst now—

Involuntarily, a hoof stomped angrily to halt the flow of thoughts. Teeth gritted against the surprisingly sharp pang that shot through him; partially from Rexanna birthing another’s foal (his hide shuddered over angry, rigid muscles), but more from the yearning of familial ties. He was so utterly family-less: Hasovir exiled, Mara and Faxr long dead, sire and dam passed on, Dorobo destroyed.

Sweeping eyes halted on a body; a mare. His heart leapt into a painful gallop, before retinas take in the orange femininity that stood along the sea. An orange dragon curled gracefully on her rump; otherwise she, too, was alone. Although this elegant mare, his Moon Doctor, had a family. One bent on all reappearing at once, it seemed. Uriel, Faeanne, both children of Evangeline that appeared at the Edge’s borders. Curiosity reared it’s lion-like head within him, and he seized onto it, for anything was preferable to his earlier misery.

He approached, halting alongside the pure beauty, head lowered to nearly her height. “Evangeline,” his low voice rumbles quietly in greeting, “Tallis,” great horn nods to the dragon, “What brings my lovely Doctor to the shore on such a dreary day?”
image credits
- table by Niki -

@Evangeline <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-12-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-14-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-15-2016, 01:19 AM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-17-2016, 04:11 AM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-18-2016, 01:21 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-19-2016, 02:24 AM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-21-2016, 06:01 PM