the Rift

[PRIVATE] what if i make mistakes

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

Ears twitch at the shrill trill of Tallis, and his lips twitch as they nearly turn up in a smile. Once again the yearning for a companion blooms in his barrel, just as it had when he had witnessed Brisa bond to her own fox-like creature. How wonderful it would be to share yourself so wholly with another; no lies, no deception. Just pure, simple companionship. Blue eyes drift back to Evangeline’s emerald green ones, surprised at the relief he felt when he found a simple, genuine question in their depths. “Is there anything I that I can do for you?”

He, again, is surprised by how deeply this question hits him. A weight lifted in his barrel at the simple sincerity of her words. It was a simple and commonplace question, without the depth of meaning that hit the King. An ear slanted sideways as he gently shook his head, not quite trusting his voice to not spew the immensity of what he needed. He needed reassurance that he was not alone.

His ear returned forward to listen to her answer his question. A gentle frown creased the soft skin around his eyes as she spoke to the turbulent seas, her questions as tumbling as the waves. Despite the verbosity of her questions, there was still a multitude of meanings beneath the phrases. Some he understood, with the appearance of her children at the Edge; and some he would not understand. He waited a long while before answering, the whistle of wind and crash of waves amplifying in his momentary silence.

And then his thick lips parted, eyes still studying her profile, “I have done that. I have left my old home and come to a place where no one knows me to try and heal my wounds,” he paused, now shifting his gaze to look over the sea, “But I have not escaped my past. And the wounds— maybe they have healed, but their scars are not any less painful…” A gentle sigh escapes him as his mind begins its unfortunately familiar journey down the hell-hole that are his memories. They had been kept at bay when he (thought) he had another’s love, but now…

In an attempt to stall his downward spiral, a question is pushed from his lips, “What is it you are trying to escape, Evangeline?” Perhaps a personal question, but in avoiding his demons he paid the intimacy of such a query no mind.
image credits
- table by Niki -

@Evangeline

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-12-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-14-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-15-2016, 01:19 AM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-17-2016, 04:11 AM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-18-2016, 01:21 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-19-2016, 02:24 AM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-21-2016, 06:01 PM