the Rift

[PRIVATE] what if i make mistakes

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

Tallis shifted on Eva's back as the king stepped closer to his bondmate, but the dragon did nothing that would suggest he should back away. Instead he settled himself, curled his tail around his scaled body and rested his head so he could watch the large stallion as he spoke. The orange mare shifted when she felt the king's shoulder press against her own and she blinked against the tears that rolled so freely down her cheeks. She hated crying and she hated it even more when she cried in front of someone else.

"I know." She whispered when Tembovu claimed that there would always be failure in life. Of course there would, not everyone could be successful. Someone had to be the one that couldn't do anything right. She chewed on her tongue as the king continued to speak, telling her of silver linings, the triumphs that she should focus on. At least she experienced love. At least she had children. At least she tried, but none of it was ever good enough.

"If this is what love is I don't want it." She interrupted. "I would rather go my entire life loveless than spend what is left of it suffering because of it. I would rather not know what a lover's touch feels like than have it and lose it and wonder what I did for them to decide that I don't deserve it anymore!" How could he tell her that at least she experienced it when that was one of the things that had hurt her so much? But then he didn't know her. He didn't know how hard it had been for her to let someone else in. "I trusted him!" She gasped. "He promised me he wouldn't do this to me. He promised me! He promised me and I believed him  and he still left! What's wrong with me? Why does everyone leave?"

It was Tallis' sudden movement on her rump that made her suddenly go silent. 'Shhh...' the dragon murmured into her mind and she sighed. "I'm beginning to believe that Ruske was right." She said, frowning as she stared out at the rough waves. "They're happier without me. If they were happy with me then they'd still be here, wouldn't they? I would have been able to raise my children." She said and she turned her gaze to Tembovu. "Because, yes, I have children but I wasn't given the opportunity to watch them grow. I've never had the opportunity to be a part of their lives." As far as she knew Uriel and Faeanne were the only ones that were alive and that made her a terrible mother. She should know where her children were or, at the very least, if they were still breathing.

"But you can layer— try to layer— happy, content, or simply less painful memories over it,"

"How can you layer good memories when they're all connected to something painful." She asked because she at that moment honestly couldn't think of anything good that wasn't connected to something that hurt. "What happened to you?" Came her next question, because she wanted to not think about her own pain for just a few minutes.

"."

Evangeline the Pure

i stood there waiting
hoping you would come around
but you always found a way to let me down

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Tembovu

Messages In This Thread
what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-12-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-14-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-15-2016, 01:19 AM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-17-2016, 04:11 AM