the Rift

[PRIVATE] what if i make mistakes

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

Her slender shoulder shifts beneath his massive, coarse one and he relents the pressure, uncertain if it is wanted— but he wants to give that support. Ears stained forward, catching her whisper once again as a few, large raindrops squash it in cold depressions on the sand.

”If this is what love is I don't want it.” A burst of thoughts interrupt his own, as angry— nearly indignant— words spill from her lips. And then she was gasping, pain making her words reveal so much more than anything she had previously said. “I believed him  and he still left!” Navy eyes grew darker as he watched her, as he listened, to the scars of her past rent her heart and reveal her scars.

And he, the giant, felt her pain— though he did not share her sentiments. She cast love away, she did not want it. But he, despite all the suffering in his massive heart, still craved that intimacy with another soul. Perhaps it made him a romantic— the white knight that avenged the death of his lover. But to the Elephant, it was neither romance nor chivalry. It was a purpose, a reason to continue living. For, if one did not have that interconnection with others (be it romantic love or other sorts), then why stay among the living? He had delved deep into these dark questions after losing Mara and Faxr.

His ears twitch towards the orange dragon as he shifts, and Evangeline’s words suddenly halt on a sigh. He, again, loses her her eyes to the sea, now churning with the occasional raindrop. This storm would be cold and drenching. She continued, and he was filled with more questions. Who was Ruske? What did he say? She turns a question to him— would they still be with her if they were happy there? If only life and fate were so kind.

Another question, “How can you layer good memories when they're all connected to something painful?” And another, “What happened to you?” This flood of queries, this interrogation of his mind that was already wounded and bleeding…

He blinked, thinking as his gaze watched the waves roll in angrily to the shore. The foam, the roiling grey-brown water mirrored the tumult in his chest. So often had he offered a listening ear to others, so careful had he been with his own story. Because it hurt, because he was guilty. Guilty of his family’s death, guilty of destroying lives, guilty of betrayal, guilty of revenge. Did that make him selfish? Selfish to let others bleed their pain while his ears drank it in, while his own sins remained locked in his massive chest.

Gently, he shook his head at the weight of his thoughts, taking a deep breath before his low voice rolled above the crash of the sea, “You ask if ‘they’ would still be with you if they were happy with you. The answer is no, my own past is proof of that,” he paused, voice halting as it nearly refused to continue, “I come from a land far away, a once great nation that became destroyed by greed. That greed turned colts into soldiers, crusaders of gluttony that marched against our neighbors. I refused— I backed away from the battlefront to see my son grow and be alongside my love,” cobalt eyes did not see the sea, as his voice grew hoarse, “And so the greed of the Council burned them alive. I buried them…” he faded, for it wasn’t important that he had buried their charred flesh and peeling skin. It wasn’t important that he had picked up the small, oval hooves of his son and gently laid them atop his blackened body. Those memories, that hell, was reserved for his mind.

He took a deep, shaky breath, “So no, Evangeline. They are not here, despite being happy with me. Though my story is much different than yours— but fate is not a kind beast,” he paused, before quietly continuing, “Though, I will say that I hope neither you nor I spend the remainder of our lives ’loveless.’ How unbearable that would be.
image credits
- table by Niki -

@Evangeline

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-12-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-14-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-15-2016, 01:19 AM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-17-2016, 04:11 AM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-18-2016, 01:21 PM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Tembovu - 01-19-2016, 02:24 AM
RE: what if i make mistakes - by Evangeline - 01-21-2016, 06:01 PM