the Rift

[OPEN] The ghost by my side

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

Where was Rikyn?

She knew she had seen him before, and she knew she had seen Erebos. This was the only corner of the known world she had thought to look after her brief sabbatical beyond the borders of Helovia. Aithniel had grown in that time from bratty child to cool adult, filling out her small but lithe frame with an uncharacteristic grace. Her wings were tucked to her sides as she traversed the precarious, snowy landscape in which she had grown. By the time she had reached the narrow, winding mountain pass marking the entrance to her former home, she was covered in snow.

Aithniel shook it off, knocking some long, delicate tendrils of hair around her horns. Her hooves stopped on the border, haunted by the towering sentinels left by Rikyn's father, though they seemed in a pitiful state of disrepair. She frowned, looking them over with a critical, stony eye as they failed to respond to her actions. This was... odd. The Basin had always been a powerhouse in her mind, clean, proper and with all t's crossed and I's dotted. Something about this seemed very wrong, and she shifted her weight in agitation, hoping that her worst nightmares would not hold true.

What if something had killed everyone? What if the Basin was a ghost town of strewn bodies and chaos? If the Rift Gods had not died after all and sought their revenge in the far reaches of Helovia where no one could hear their screams? Aithniel closed her eyes, trying to rid the image from her head and calm the frantic beating of her heart as she pictured Erebos and Rikyn laying lifeless on the cold ground. For all of their arguments and her resentment, she still loved them dearly. Perhaps they were the only ones she did love...

She wished them the best, she truly did. But somehow, the words just never came out right. A sigh, punctuated by white fog curling around her features, escaped her lips as she waited. Someone would come to the border for her. Someone would see the strange half-breed waiting on their doorstep, whispering to take her wings away...

A i t h n i e l

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice.
credits

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
The ghost by my side - by Aithniel - 01-12-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Ashamin - 01-12-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Erebos - 01-13-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Aithniel - 02-01-2016, 03:04 PM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Ashamin - 02-05-2016, 09:32 AM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Erebos - 02-15-2016, 06:55 PM