the Rift

[OPEN] The ghost by my side

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
THE HARUSPEX
on his own

For the sake of the kindness of their interaction, it was for the best that Aithniel was not allowed to finish her first sentence. Rikyn was no friend of the haruspex, his ideals were far from those held by Ashamin, and their last interaction had been chaotic and venomous at best. To see this mare now, introducing another before even herself, would have left a sour impression indeed.

But thankfully for Aithniel, it was Erebos who arrived instead. Erebos the sweet child of the reaper, with whom Ashamin shared a secret but did not despise. There was some imagined closeness between the gray boy and the haruspex, something Ashamin thought could someday be friendship. It would have been an odd start to a partnership, but Ashamin had begun things more strangely... hadn't he?

The two cerndyr beside the haruspex watched, Lochan jumping at the memory of Erebos in the labyrinth and Rakt blissfully unaware of whatever tensions may have rested between them. If there were any, they certainly weren't present now. The painted buck watched the reaper's boy run to the stranger and greet her with a kindness that suggested he need not be on edge. Their exchange was almost tender, the closeness of their interaction almost alienating. This was not Ashamin's business, but it was taking place at the border of his herdland.

When at last Aithniel's intent was made clear (though not before a sidelong glance at the haruspex,) Ashamin bristled. Without thinking he spoke, his stance defensive and his darker companion's heart pounding in his own breast.

"I have not seen Rikyn as of late, I would imagine he has left and taken his nonsensical 'race-given right' with him. The Aurora Basin no longer prescribes to his archaic ideals," he interjected with a snort, his flesh prickling at the memory of the boy's horn cutting through it, thoughts roaming as he speculated on how Rikyn had perceived the tangled pumice atop Ashamin's own brow. "It's more likely that he owes you an apology, given his attitude. But I'm glad to see you've found Erebos, he's a good friend to have," Ashamin said, casting a glance at the boy and his dark companion. Did Erebos know that he had Ashamin's admiration? They had not spoken much since their accidental spar, had not discussed the bravery Erebos had shown in those unfamiliar woods...

Rakt's nudging his knees brought Ashamin back to the moment, and he blinked fiercely at the realization that perhaps he had overstepped his bounds. How had she introduced herself? Yes, Aithniel. "I apologize, perhaps you know another side of Rikyn than I. And it's a pleasure to meet you, Aithniel. Welcome back to the Basin." Her wings drew his attention, and he wondered if that was what had driven her out in the past. For as long as Ashamin had been in the Basin, there had always been hybrids such as herself; thanks to him, now Zahra had joined their ranks. But when had this mare lived here, and who had ruled then? His ears flicked back and forth, and he looked down at his companions as he felt himself shrink in faint anxiety. If Rikyn's mother had ruled the Basin, what sort of life would even Ashamin have had here, then?

""
image credits

@Aithniel @Erebos

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
The ghost by my side - by Aithniel - 01-12-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Ashamin - 01-12-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Erebos - 01-13-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Aithniel - 02-01-2016, 03:04 PM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Ashamin - 02-05-2016, 09:32 AM
RE: The ghost by my side - by Erebos - 02-15-2016, 06:55 PM