the Rift

[PRIVATE] Long time no... tree?

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ashamin

When Zahra questioned the haruspex about his companions, Rakt made a few disinterested motions to move closer to the mare and her shadows. "Yes, that's Lochan by you, and this is Rakt. They are always at my side." Ashamin's heart warmed at the thought of them, his lips lifted slightly in a smile. When she said she had been well he was pleased but still curious--still wanted to know more. "I've been well. I've begun training, trying to learn how to protect my herd and... my family. I'm a father now," he said softly, proudly.

But when she turned suddenly, the pride turned to panic. He followed her without hesitation, shocked by how calm she was. "Slow down, Zahra!" he called out as he set off, worried he'd get left behind. He had so many questions--how had she really been, where had she been? He wove through the trees and the shadow, seeking her always for fear of losing her traces in this permanent night. Had she been here this whole time?

When they came to her woven paradise, Ashamin and his companions stood under the web and were frozen in awe. So this was the home she had made for herself; this was the live Zahra lived on her own. He listened to her dumbly, nodding and letting his body sag with a sense of strange, curious relaxation. He was glad she had been safe, but aside from her companions... she had been alone all this time, hadn't she? He got an odd sense, some sort of pit in this stomach. And of course he could have been wrong, the haruspex had not followed her this past year. But what about her wasn't wild? Everything about her screamed a drifter, a lonely child caught up in nature because if nothing else, this earth, its trees, these long shadows in the woods and the tethers she made of silken thread, were company.

In disbelief, he simply nodded and turned back his head to gum at the knot until it came loose. The sarong fell back to its creator, landing on the earth and settling near the threads she had floating about them. Ashamin had forgotten the beauty of her weaving, the skill that the young filly had borne and healed him with. How was she hiding all this away in the woods?

How, he thought as he watched her work, had she not gone mad? He felt song rise in his chest at the thought of his newborn son, the fatherly instinct now learned applied to Zahra. He couldn't leave her like this; though she had survived on her own, would she not thrive in his and a herd's company?

Thoughts, options all ran through the haruspex's thread wildly. Lochan sent scraps of messages to the haruspex, slow, he said. Wait, ask, were snippets and words that came to Ashamin with every breath. Rakt yawned and moved around the scene, nosing at threads and narrowing his eyes at the spidery shapes they made. Slowly Ashamin inhaled, trying to follow Lochan's advice before getting too ahead of himself. "Zahra... have you been living alone here all this time?"

""
Credit

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Long time no... tree? - by Ashamin - 01-12-2016, 05:02 PM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Zahra - 01-12-2016, 07:33 PM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Ashamin - 01-14-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Zahra - 01-14-2016, 06:30 PM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Ashamin - 01-19-2016, 03:38 PM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Zahra - 01-19-2016, 06:37 PM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Ashamin - 01-20-2016, 09:28 AM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Zahra - 01-24-2016, 12:09 AM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Ashamin - 01-24-2016, 03:50 PM
RE: Long time no... tree? - by Zahra - 01-25-2016, 12:27 AM