the Rift

[OPEN] Gaucho bit my finger, and it REALLY hurt!

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull
never say die

When he came to, Gull did not immediately know where he was. Around him, he could hear a rhythmic pounding, an incessant crash and hiss. It sounded faintly like the ocean, his groggy mind murmured…but then again, who really knew? Perhaps he was dead. After all, he could no longer hear the bellow of Gaucho’s voice, nor could he smell the stench of smoke and burning in the air. It had been a fight to the death, and it seemed to be over. So where did that leave him?

The only reason that he was aware that he still lived was the pain. Opening his bloodshot eyes, he caught a blurry glimpse of his right wing, spread uselessly across the ground. There was no blood—not there at least—but from the way it made him grit his teeth in agony when he attempted to shift it, Gull guessed that it was broken. What was worse, the muscles in his opposite shoulder screamed, even at the slightest of movements. It was clear that hey too had been rendered immobile by the fight.

Helpless and alone, now would have been an appropriate time to panic. However, Gull could only manage a detached interest. He had accepted his fate when he had thrown himself at Gaucho, and it was with a faint surprise that he found himself still breathing. Of course, it was only a matter of time. Gaucho had done him no favors, leaving him here to die. Gull only wished that death would get on with it before the birds found him.

Gaze dull, he sucked in a breath and surveyed the rest of his body with a clinical eye. Angry burns covered his back legs and hindquarters, blistering and stinging and coated with sand. He couldn’t see his front half well, but he guessed that it was littered with little cuts and bruises from when the wave had pummeled him soundly, for he ached all over. His mouth felt salty and dry, his tongue heavy and thick.

Still, no matter. It wouldn’t be long, he figured. Eyes listless, Gull laid his head in the sand and waited for death.

"talk talk talk"

OOC: Sorry, hopefully will get better with time. I haven’t written him in almost a week and I’m feeling rather meh :/ Trying to work through it!

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Tiamat @Badger @Miykael
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Messages In This Thread
Gaucho bit my finger, and it REALLY hurt! - by Gull - 01-12-2016, 06:34 PM