the Rift

[OPEN] Gaucho bit my finger, and it REALLY hurt!

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

It's like injured folks scream to me, beacons summoning me, a lighthouse in the dark that leads me to their plight.

My head lifts from my grazing, pivoting my ears to try and snatch at whatever's causing my flesh to tingle. Do they deceive me, or is somebody crying for help? Without waiting to see, I turn and begin to lumber towards the sound. When I want to, I can pick up quite the pace - it's not long before I'm galloping, stretching my windpipe and forcing my muscles above and beyond what they were designed for. When I reach the water, I hesitate; do I trust my swimming abilities? Yes, I decide, and charge right in.

I reach the Isles with dripping fur and a sodden halter, taking a second to shake myself before resuming my gallop. The sand sucks at my limbs and I'm soon sweating in the tropical humidity, even with my damp coat. Thankfully it isn't long before I find the source of the cry, and the sight that greets me makes all my healer-y instincts rev into overdrive. There's a unicorn mare who I nod to, the evident creator of the cry for help I heard. But it isn't she who receives most of my attention - that is reserved for the crumpled wreck of a pegasus on the ground, bruised, broken and burnt.

Little do I know it's my own king's work, his deadly art painted onto the canvas of this pegasus. I smother a gasp at the state of the male, then look to the blue unicorn. I'd been running when she announced herself as a healer, so I don't know that part. "I can help - I'm a healer. My name is Badger, the Alchemist of the Throat." I force a gentle smile onto my features, even though the extent of the injuries turn my stomach. "I need you to tell me if you hurt anywhere inside, mister. Your wing and your other wounds can wait until I've fixed anything that might kill you." Any internal bleeding, which could kill the unfortunate creature, is far more pressing than his external wounds, no matter how horrific they are.

Deep down, though, I'm worried that I may not be able to help him on my own. If he is injured inside and I fix that, it could sap all of my energy before I fix his wing - this magic does not come without a price. I daren't even use any herbs, for fear they might make any internal problem worse. I look to the unicorn mare for a moment - she must be a good samaritan to be waiting here with the pegasus, and I pray she may have some small healer-y instinct.

b a d g e r

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gaucho bit my finger, and it REALLY hurt! - by Badger - 01-14-2016, 05:15 PM