the Rift

[OPEN] can't stand the reflection that they see

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
I walked.

It was aimless, perhaps, the way that I meandered listlessly through the star-studded waters; my heart ached, longing for the days of old when the most worrisome thing in my life was pleasing my mother. Those were easier times, to be sure, an age before my father's betrayal, my dearest friend's disappearance, my homeland's demise - a time when I could afford to be carefree and lighthearted, for despite my mother's constant disapproval, at least there was happiness to be found somewhere. Now look at me: just another lost soul from the Rift, struggling to avoid the wrath of some foreign god, afraid to see what lies beyond the still, silent waters of the Halcyon Flats.

The loneliness is suffocating. There are no waves here, where the land meets the sea in a slow descent into deeper and deeper waters. It is calm; perhaps, to some, it is peaceful. But I have been here for too long, terrified of venturing deeper into this new land to which I have escaped my father's abuse - and I have been here on my own, with naught to rely on except my own wits. I leave much to be desired, it would seem, even here. Even now.

My magic is gone - at least, the magic that I hated so strongly for the way it was used against my will. The gentle pulsing of my coat remains, but that has always been a source of peace for me. What better ability is there than to know each time a soul enters the world? If I could ever actually be present for a birth, actually see the source of my gentle glowing - but that requires me to leave these gods-forsaken sands, and I simply cannot muster the courage to venture forth.

If only someone would come and save me.

If only I could be saved from myself.

"Speech."

OOC ;; open to any, but also @Kratos if you would like, dear?
lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
can't stand the reflection that they see - by Persephone - 01-13-2016, 10:37 AM