the Rift

[OPEN] can't stand the reflection that they see

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
The silence was maddening, and the break afforded me by the appearance of the ivory mare was a welcome necessity for the sake of my sanity. She was lovely, with a coat that was the lightest golden hue I had ever seen and a mane as black as night; brilliant, curious turquoise shone from eyes set in dark stripes along her head. She was adorned with flowers, and I found myself enthralled. Of course, I hadn't the slightest clue that she was equally enamored with my not-so-subtle, periodic glowing; but if it were mutual curiosity that drew her to me and me to her, then who was I to complain?

Still, despite the friendly nature of her greeting, nerves frothed beneath the surface, reservation no doubt shimmering in my eyes. As desperate as I was for companionship, there was little that could convince my flighty nature to calm; the mare roused my ever-present flight response, and I could not help but shift uneasily, wringing my tail. Without really considering it, I lowered my head slightly, peering up to meet the buckskin's eyes submissively. Everything in my body language offered the question of whether or not I would be accepted.

"Hello," I answered uncertainly, my gentle voice wavering ever-so-slightly. "My name is Cora." It was habit by now to offer my alias rather than my true name; I could no longer remember any who knew the truth of my calling. Nonetheless, Cora was as much my name as Persephone, and it was easier, almost, to hide behind the façade I had built for myself. I paused, unsure, for none of the rest of the mare's greeting made any sense to me. A caretaker? The Hidden Falls? I had yet to venture beyond these shallow waters, save for the occasional meal; I certainly had not found names to associate with any of the surrounding areas.

Did I ask? Was her introduction supposed to mean something? Would I look ridiculous for needing clarification? Wasn't it better to simply remain quiet? Surely I could be no more inadequate if I were to be silent than if I were to ask a stupid question. Instead, I said only, "It is very nice to meet you, Agnodice." Yes, that was proper, wasn't it? At least, it was back home. Maybe I wouldn't need to say more. Maybe she would drive the conversation and I could simply follow along.

"Speech."

@Agnodice
lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: can't stand the reflection that they see - by Persephone - 01-15-2016, 10:26 AM