the Rift

[OPEN] can't stand the reflection that they see

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
I stood between two pools, my reflection shimmering on the nighttime water, periodically providing a gentle glow as a new soul comes into the world. A particularly dull glow makes me wonder just how far this land stretches, and if the borders confine my magic to within; how large is this new world, and how far does my ability stretch? How far would I have to walk to find one of these souls, just born, waiting to be cherished and adored? I wonder if these Helovians are better than my own people in that regard. Do they love their children, or do they manipulate and use them for their own ends? Is this a better world, or a worse one? I think back to my experience with the monster here, a slight shudder passing through me at the thought. Wild gods do not make for a peaceful existence, but does that make Helovia worse?

Perhaps the land itself matters less than the people in it - and so my mind is drawn back to Agnodice, who has murmured her own polite acknowledgement. I take note again of the flowers following in her trail. Surely one who has a train of petals cannot be evil? She has certainly been kind to me, seeking out my company in this damp wasteland (perhaps I am being overdramatic, but desperation will do that to a girl - the Halcyon Flats are really quite pretty, when one is in the mood to appreciate them). I followed her gaze as she glanced to the sky, wondering what it was she pondered; but quickly my eyes were drawn to hers again as she, too, looked down, almost as though racing to seem as though I had been focused on her the whole time. I cannot explain why, but it seemed important to offer her my undivided attention - such is my way.

"I... suppose I am," I reply hesitantly. A journey... it is too much to ask of me, too much for me to undertake, but what choice do I have? I have landed in this land, and I cannot simply wallow in the waters here until I die, can I? I have lingered, too afraid to venture on, but that cannot be the end. No, a journey is what I need to pursue, to find someone, somewhere, who can protect me, who I can follow, who I can serve. "I never meant to be, but I fell through the Rift, and now..." My eyes start to fill with bitter tears, my (not so deeply) buried fear and sadness and pain flooding to the surface.

I am suddenly angry at myself. I had run away from home, back in the Rift, and what was the difference between being alone there and being alone here? Somehow I had reached a breaking point, decided that I could no longer subject myself to my father's whims; somehow I had managed to leave, to escape his manipulation and my mother's disappointment. So I had fallen a bit further from the proverbial tree than I had meant. Why did that bring me to my knees, leave me unable and unwilling to venture further into this mess I had brought upon myself? It's all my fault, it's all my fault -

It's all my fault.

"Speech."

OOC ;; @Agnodice
lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: can't stand the reflection that they see - by Persephone - 01-25-2016, 10:31 AM