the Rift

[OPEN] Run Baby Run

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Used to probing questions about her magic, Amaris smiled at the reactions of the colts, and nodded her chiselled tiara to the greyish one's added query. "Aye," she confirmed softly, as he green crooned happily above them, "death found him and took his body, but his soul and his fire remains intact for me to call on." At the mention of fire the green above spouts a hot, short breath of flame, a flash of warmth in this frigid environment. Amaris didn't know any other way of defining her magic - when she spoke to the souls she summoned that was as much information as she was ever given, as much of an explanation as anything. Whether that was actually what was occurring was irrelevant - it was what it was; Amaris had never known any different.

At their proclamations of species the dragonmare smiled lightly again, though she did worry slightly at the reaction of the equine child - he seemed repulsed by the idea of being too close to the unicorn. It worried her, because Amaris knew the damage that racism had caused in the past - the Qian's mission in life had been to eradicate it, to prove that it was wrong.. And racism was wrong, but how did one eradicate it without destroying lives in the process? Words, the green mumbled to her mind, even if they refuse to hear them, speak them, he encouraged.

Amaris knew he was right. Even if her words fell on determinedly deaf ears, at least she could say she tried.

"My magic was with me when I was born - I've known others to be blessed by the Gods in exchange for something. I've known others still who have simply discovered it to be within themselves seemingly at random." As she spoke, the green weaved itself around her nape, before drifting playfully towards each of the colts, singing soft notes of excitement and wheeling happily between their legs and around their barrels. "He likes both of you," she commented with a smile, letting her gaze linger upon each one for several quiet moments (doing her best to be nonchalant about her suspicion of the equine boy's heritage).

"Though neither of you were entirely correct before - tell me, what are you?" it was a test, a game, one she hoped would help lift the unneeded animosity the equine boy was beginning to show. She wondered if they would play, if they would let her teach them this important lesson - perhaps if she could help lessen the racism she feared existed already with the young boy now, she could give the world they all lived in a chance of being better for all.
Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart

@Colt @Rein
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Run Baby Run - by Rein - 01-14-2016, 08:08 PM
RE: Run Baby Run - by Amaris - 01-30-2016, 10:43 PM
RE: Run Baby Run - by Kid - 01-31-2016, 02:40 PM
RE: Run Baby Run - by Rein - 02-08-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Run Baby Run - by Amaris - 02-12-2016, 07:28 AM
RE: Run Baby Run - by Kid - 02-14-2016, 12:54 AM
RE: Run Baby Run - by Rein - 02-21-2016, 02:32 PM
RE: Run Baby Run - by Amaris - 02-27-2016, 08:59 PM
RE: Run Baby Run - by Kid - 03-07-2016, 09:32 PM
RE: Run Baby Run - by Rein - 03-21-2016, 11:00 PM
RE: Run Baby Run - by Kid - 04-13-2016, 09:24 PM