the Rift

ghosts of the past

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
[Image: 56933a9cc0382]
R E I N

He almost laughed at the Kiuaji's snort, stifling the giggle as they clearly disagreed on the subject. The name sounded strange coming from Rein's tongue, and he mouthed it silently to himself. He glanced to the other giant, nodding when he said his name. He smiled proudly, confidence exuding from him. His name sounded lovely coming from anyone's lips, he concluded.

When questioned about the meaning of his name, Rein was all too happy to answer. "It's the first part of my Mommy's name and the last part of my Daddy's!" He replied, choosing to leave out his parents names, though. He found his parents' names to be tongue twisters, with his mother's always coming out Ranana and his father's Asmamin. If he tried a bit harder, he was certain he could say both clearly, but it would take a bit more practice still.

Besides, they weren't Rexanna or Ashamin to him, they were Mommy and Daddy.

When the second giant introduced himself, Rein's jaw dropped. A King?! Not just any King, but Tembovu, the King of the Edge?! The giant one, with stripes and a contagious smile. He had heard of this King in his mother's stories, wrapped in her embrace at the Basin, in their cave. He was said to be very kind and huge, both of which this stallion had shown so far. Rein was a bit flabbergasted that he hadn't made the connection sooner!

"I've heard of you!" Rein exclaimed, bouncing closer to the King, giggling at the same time. He couldn't wait to tell his mother that he had met the King she had spoken so fondly of! "My Mommy says you're really nice and — " He stopped, hearing frantic rustling. His dark blue gaze slipped from the giant King to the direction of the rustling, his excited smile faltering for a moment.

It was his Mommy! He was simultaneously excited to see the golden, and afraid for his life as she charged straight for him. Before he knew it, the colt's venture was over, and he was in the embrace of his golden mother once more. She pulled him close, so close and speaking so fast that he couldn't get a word in.

His expression grew blank as she addressed him, processing his actions. For a moment, he had to think of what he had done wrong. He thought slipping away from her for a moment wouldn't be so bad. Anguish crossed his little face, his mouth falling open, the weight of guilt finally setting in on him for the first time. Had he worried her that much? His features turned apologetic, his indigo gaze pleading. "I'm sorry, Mommy," Rein whispered, leaning into her coat. He hadn't realized how much he missed her until she wasn't with him any longer.

He stayed silent as she addressed the King, watching their interactions carefully. Tembovu had been right after all, his mother was worried after all. He had never felt remorse before, but it was heavy. It weighed on his heart like nothing he had ever known before. He was grateful for his mother's nuzzle, it quelled his shame as their exotic markings touched.

"I'm sorry," He whispered once more into her striped cheek.

@Tembovu

son of a thief and a priest

Messages In This Thread
ghosts of the past - by Kiuaji - 01-14-2016, 09:49 PM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Rein - 01-14-2016, 11:17 PM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Tembovu - 01-15-2016, 03:41 AM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Kiuaji - 01-15-2016, 04:49 AM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Rein - 01-20-2016, 12:16 AM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Tembovu - 01-21-2016, 03:17 AM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Rexanna - 01-21-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Kiuaji - 01-21-2016, 06:47 PM
RE: ghosts of the past - by Rein - 01-23-2016, 11:24 PM