the Rift

[OPEN] Silver Sight, Feather Light (Joining?)

Iscah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[quote='Iscah' pid='168189' dateline='1453598524']

Trust. The concept should have been a sure and stable one, but these days it seemed to shift, elusive to the Priest as wind was to grasping hands. For years (and long ago he had stopped counting them) his trust had rested in his Gods. Wholly. Completely. The stallion had been theirs to command without question of hesitation. For him there had been no right or wrong, only what They wanted and tasks he preformed in order to follow those directions. Now he was cut off, cast out, and (most surprisingly) being clung to by another disconnected servant who had placed her trust in him.

Could they trust these people? Could they trust their Gods?

The gruff face of the indigo stud turns to Naja with a furrowed brow as she gives a name he has never heard before. Hers he had heard before, but she seems to have chosen one for him as well. In his years with the Order, he’d forgotten the one that he had been given at birth—servants need no names—but this lack had not occurred to him since. ”Iscah.” hew rolls in through his mind again, puzzling over the unfamiliar syllables and wondering what meaning they could have had to his Priestess. But the others began speaking, and he set the matter aside, accepting the mantle with a shrug of his shoulders before silver eyes turn back to Iona and Tembovu.

They each take turn referencing this Mauja and confirming and conferring a welcome to the World’s Edge. Manners. he could have almost chuckled at that though because it already sounded so much like Naja. He obeys the mental prompt, as well as his unpracticed self can: with a brief nod to each. “I thank you.” Referring to himself still seemed strange, words like “I” and “me” had not graced his tongue until he had lost his connection with the gods, but the beast was learning.

He hears Naja’s panicked whisper, feels her at his neck and turns to lay his head above hers for the briefest moment. “Trust in me. I am here to guard you.” he whippers it into her ear, low and steady, firm in that conviction for it is now the only one he has. “Come, we are moving.” he says to her, as Tembovu turns to lead the into the Edge. Careful too keep Naja by his left side, Iscah moved to fall into step with the King on his right.

“I would want to be useful, once Naja is settled. I worked with metals before I came here, do you have builders?” It was true enough, though his magic had been stripped from him when he entered these lands, years of working with the fruits of the earth had given him a deep understanding of them. There was a drive in him, to be useful, to be productive and now that it seemed he and Naja had found a place to base themselves he would be in need of other tasks to fill his days (as long as he knew she was close an safe). “I would also like to learn more of your Gods, if i can, of why they brought us from our home.”

Please give me time to decipher the signs
Please forgive me for time that I've wasted

Messages In This Thread
Silver Sight, Feather Light (Joining?) - by Iscah - 01-14-2016, 11:01 PM
RE: Silver Sight, Feather Light (Joining?) - by Naja - 01-15-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: Silver Sight, Feather Light (Joining?) - by Iscah - 01-23-2016, 08:22 PM
RE: Silver Sight, Feather Light (Joining?) - by Naja - 01-27-2016, 04:06 PM
RE: Silver Sight, Feather Light (Joining?) - by Iscah - 02-10-2016, 09:53 PM