the Rift

[PRIVATE] and now you're mine

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
[Image: 56933a9cc0382]
R E I N

He was beginning to form coherent thoughts.

He was understanding his surroundings, where and who he was. He understood the world was large, and he had only seen this cave, and some of the surrounding herdland. But the yearning to learn more, to see more, to venture and conquer was ever prevalent in his mind. Unfortunately, the little colt was bound to the limits of his body, and of his mother.

They stayed in the cave, much to Rein's dismay. He had seen the cave already, and therefore, found it uninteresting, with the exception of the occasional bat or shrew. They were cool, and so were the insects. But he didn't see any today, and had to make do with memories of the creatures he had seen prior to that day.

He was half-tempted to take a nap when his mother nudged him. He smiled at her, blinking his eyes lazily as she played with his mane, perking up when he was proposed what he considered a challenge: ask me anything you want. His little brow furrowed in thought, blue gaze squinting ahead.

Of course his mind was racing, fumbling to find the most important questions and ask those first. He considered 'where did I come from?' and 'where did you come from?' But he found neither to be the most important of all his questions. He chose instead his surroundings, or rather, what surrounded his surroundings.

Alternatively phrased as: 'Where did the shrew and the bat come from?'

He could see outside of the cave, and when they left it's embrace, he could certainly see that there was somewhere beyond the sentinels. After all, his first memories, despite now being vague and hazy, were of past the sentinels, of horses and warmth regardless of the chilling snow.

Pleased with his choice of question, he turned to his mother with a confident grin, fidgeting in place out of excitement. "What's past da Basin, Mommy? Who out dere?" He questioned, his rudimentary vocabulary only slightly irking him. His tongue was still a complicated tool that the boy had not yet mastered.

@Rexanna :D

son of a thief and a priest

Messages In This Thread
and now you're mine - by Rexanna - 01-15-2016, 03:02 AM
RE: and now you're mine - by Rein - 01-15-2016, 03:30 AM
RE: and now you're mine - by Rexanna - 01-15-2016, 04:24 PM
RE: and now you're mine - by Rein - 01-23-2016, 09:54 PM
RE: and now you're mine - by Rexanna - 02-04-2016, 01:18 AM
RE: and now you're mine - by Rein - 02-21-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: and now you're mine - by Rexanna - 02-22-2016, 01:20 AM
RE: and now you're mine - by Rein - 02-28-2016, 04:07 PM
RE: and now you're mine - by Rexanna - 02-29-2016, 12:23 AM