the Rift

[OPEN] i used to know you so well

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
He could not rid himself of the horrible taste in his mouth, left as a result of his travels with Resplendence and his altercation with Kaj.  Gods, if only he could remember - but wasn't it better if he didn't?  Wouldn't it be better if he simply disappeared, allowed everyone he had hurt to go about their lives, move on without him?  His mouth twisted into a scowl.  He had never been one for running from his problems, and to just try to forget - ha, the irony, the desire to forget that he had forgotten - was an awful lot like cowardice.  No, that couldn't be his path.

The stallion soared through the skies, guided by the fading light of the setting sun and the gentle guidance of his bonded.  If nothing else, Zarina's presence had begun to make sense, had begun to offer some sense of comfort to the golden steed.  She fed him memories, or at least the ones she still possessed; sending him images, scenarios, emotions through the bond in the hopes that it might jog something.  The only thing she had managed to do was remind him, in a way, that she had been with him through all that he had forgotten (not, of course, that that made any sense, at all, whatsoever).

She remembered the way to the Dragon's Throat, though, and that was their next destination.  The prince was exhausted beyond comprehension, both physically and mentally, and the marmoset had convinced him that he was in no condition to be making logical decisions about much of anything.  She clung to the clump of mane in which she made her nest - in which he remembered her nesting - as he soared.  As they approached the Dragon's Throat - or, at least, where the Throat used to be - bewilderment flitted through the bond as the marmoset noted the wall.  --We should land,-- she told him sharply, worried that they might be attacked for their airborne approach.

The stallion flew lower, circling tightly until he had just cleared the wall; Zarina sighed softly, for she had preferred they land outside the wall, but her bonded had always done more or less whatever he pleased.  Perhaps he would manage to somehow avoid the wrath of the Dragon's Throat; neither of the pair knew much more than that it was a desert, and a haven for pegasi.

Nasreen is here, the prince reminded her.  She will know what to do.

"more words."

OOC ;; @Nasreen
Quilyan
counting on the night for a beautiful day;
subtlepatterns.com | kaydeniro & larfsalot @ deviantart
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
i used to know you so well - by Quilyan - 01-15-2016, 10:40 AM
RE: i used to know you so well - by Nasreen - 01-25-2016, 05:22 AM
RE: i used to know you so well - by Quilyan - 01-25-2016, 02:21 PM