the Rift

[OPEN] i used to know you so well

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

NASREEN

As Orangemoon wound into Frostfall, the days were growing shorter, and consequently, so were her wanderings. Seeing her shadow stretch out before her, the maiden cast a glance at the sinking sun and sighed. The woods where she browsed were lovely, all whispering leaves and gem tones, but if she did not care to spend the night in them, it was time to go. Casting a final glance around the grove, Nasreen bid her precious trees a reluctant farewell then swung into a steady canter, making for the edge of the woods. It was not far, and once she was clear of the narrow deer path and grasping branches, she spread her wings and flapped up into the sky, setting her course due south. From its place just above the horizon, the fiery sun frowned up at her. You’re late, it seemed to remark, better hurry home.

Fortunately, the winds were not so reproachful. Ever helpful, they tumbled along past her, carrying the girl in their wake. Gliding and swooping alternatively, she made her way across the stretch of desert and towards the ocean. If she was lucky, she would make it back before dark.

It was foolish, she knew, waiting for so long before leaving. But she couldn’t help herself—it seemed that Nasreen would never have her fill of the forest. Even though she had taken up life in the desert, there was nothing like the feeling of moss beneath her hooves or the sharp scent of sap saturating the air. Home had always been such a fleeting concept, but the woods were a constant. Life moved more slowly amongst the trees, and from time to time, she was prone to slipping away to savor the simplicity.

As it was, her little journey hadn’t done her any harm. The sun was just sinking below the horizon when she approached the shore of the Throat, bathing the sands in one last golden breath before it disappeared. She dove, racing the ball of fire to the horizon line, laughing as her hooves touched down a moment before the sun vanished. Better luck next time, she thought, turning to throw a playful glance back to the west.

And then she saw him.

“Qu-Quilyan?”

The name was out before she could stop herself, before her mind caught up to her and reminded her that her brother was dead, had been for seasons—but her voice was trembling and her knees were shaking and somehow she just knew, no, hoped, no—

“Is…is that you?”

OOC: I’m sorry that this took so shamefully long!! So excited for reuniting ahhhh

image by shady

@Quilyan
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
i used to know you so well - by Quilyan - 01-15-2016, 10:40 AM
RE: i used to know you so well - by Nasreen - 01-25-2016, 05:22 AM
RE: i used to know you so well - by Quilyan - 01-25-2016, 02:21 PM