the Rift

[OPEN] Start Again, Cut Your Hair

Dacianna Posts: 55
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 4 Y/O HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
imi

She heard the young girls voice first; her coal ears flicking to the new sound only to cause a frown upon her face as she searched to try find the source of it. A youth it sounded like and Dacianna shifted herself about a little in attempt to make herself more visible, she didn’t think she was hiding, but perhaps the darkness and woodland obscured the view. “Over here!” she half whispered, half shouted in that voice everyone seemed to use in the quiet of the night. For a moment the roan wondered if she’d woken the child up, she hadn’t been purposefully loud, but then again, she hadn’t exactly been quiet when she had tripped over the piece of glass. She wasn’t normally so much of a klutz, but then again, nothing normal had happened since the day she had fallen into the Rift realm. Seconds ticked by and she strained in attempt to hear the sound of the child’s voice again, but this time she caught something of hoof beats, the solid rhythm of a trot.

The first soul to come into her view was that of a rather large stallion, who was brown with lashings of white and his horns twisted more than her own did. She was drawn, however, to his freckled lavender eyes as he answered her question quite pleasantly and Dacianna greeted him with a kind smile. Her attention turned briefly back to the shattered remains of the glass wall and she found it regrettable that such a feature had turned out to be ‘pointless’ as the stallion put it. “Perhaps it could be made into something else” she shrugged, turning to look at the smashed piece of glass under his foot and her thoughts drifted, wondering if the one who built it would be sad to see it in such a ruined state.

She shifted a little and returned her gaze back to his amethyst eyes as the conversation topic turned onto her trinkets that were littered about her person. His question sent her back in time to the place she was born, the home she had fled and the life she had once had. However, another voice, a low sleepy rumble, drifted into her ears before she could reply and it caused Daci to jump, startled by the sudden proximity of it and she stumbled over another piece of glass. How had she not noticed him? It wasn’t like he was that small either. She found herself silently cursing and outwardly grunting at this strange land once again and its ability to catch her completely off guard. It took a moment for her to register his words, but once she did her brows rose and she looked speculatively at the other, this Aji. “My birth herd. We mined gold and made jewels” she answered, in fact, her father had mined the gold she wore and they were made through magic by the smith. Dacianna had always been interested in the magic the smiths used, but none were allowed to watch the process, they just went in as bits of gold and came out as something else. “I would very much like to keep them…” she said, looking between the two stallions with a wary expression.

It was then that the other one stood up and Dacianna could finally take in his full height, all 18hh of it. She stifled a gasp and her lips formed a line of dismay; was every stallion in Helovia this tall?! Had she been transported to the land of giants, all of who towered over her small, compact body with their rippling muscles and stoic glances. In all honesty, Dacianna felt a little intimidated by these male specimens of Helovia. Did they not come in smaller sizes?

Pushing away her awed thoughts, her eyes lit up to the last question, which confirmed that she wasn’t lost after all “so this is the Worlds Edge!” she replied with all the enthusiasm of someone who had just been flooded with relief. “I'm Dacianna. Your healer, Alysanne, was nice enough to heal me after the battle-“ she paused, ‘the battle’ sounded a little ominous and vague. “You know of the Rifts?” she interrupted herself to ask. There had been plenty of other horses there, she had simply presumed most knew about it, but on this night she erred towards the side of caution.

After a moment, she continued, “I also met Iona. They told me I would be welcome in the Worlds Edge, so I am here to ask for a home in exchange for... my loyalty” the roan finished, not entirely sure if just loyalty was going to be enough.  

Her eyes searched the small gathering lastly, looking for what she presumed was the child, Erthë, who had first attracted her attention.

Dacianna
Image Credit
Don't let the curtain catch you, cause you've been here before,
The chair is an island darling, you can't touch the floor
--------------------------
force permitted / please tag me

Messages In This Thread
Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Dacianna - 01-16-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Erthë - 01-16-2016, 01:49 PM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Kiuaji - 01-16-2016, 09:39 PM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Tembovu - 01-17-2016, 03:20 PM
RE: Start Again, Cut Your Hair - by Dacianna - 01-18-2016, 03:50 AM