the Rift

[PRIVATE] left me in the dark

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds

The many secrets sealed behind her gentle demeanor were evident in the way she spoke, her words soft and subtle, forever denying Atlas his curiosities. What were they now that their boundaries had been forged, erected tall against one another despite the eerie desire to see them felled? Atlas wished to tumble over the rocks of her vacant shores and wander the sands beyond, cradle her warmth against his chest, and fret over the many troubles that remained unspoken. In an involuntary effort to understand and to see beneath her flesh and the ideas Lena meant everyone else to see, the stallion pressed forward, his muzzle dipped toward the astral seawaters that impersonated his smile. Though, as his eyes turned downward toward his reflection, all that he could decipher was the fiery blaze of color that glared back at him. In truth, Atlas was an ugly creature that, when turned outside in, would alarm the delicate sensibilities of the lovely lady, Lena.

What did she see in him that caused her pause, compelled her to stay when others had gone? He would be a liar if he denied his flowering attraction, that primitive interest that goaded the fires of all men. It often overcame him, flourishing in private moments of fantasy that remained ever secret to the prying of forward ladies. Yet, his tongue felt loose now, almost drawn from his lips as he shared such vulnerable moments with the innocence of a woman so proper, so grand. Lena stood a fortress before him, a mystery that his eager will could not bend nor sway. With time, he thought, she might reveal herself to him—her thoughts, her dreams, her mere words. Atlas longed for as much.

However, Atlas longed for many things. He longed for travel, for adventure, for sights that others had not seen. The last he’d seen Helovia, he’d been stifled and ill-fit to tether himself to the great responsibilities of family, of friends, of promises that he’d been too vain to keep. Though, he missed those days admittedly, if only for the kind faces he’d met and the celebratory words he’d shared. Of course, he’d only been a jest back when… a sheer illusion of wayward behavior and silver tongue. A small smile touched his lips at the thought, but it quickly faded in favor of turning attention to Lena.

Always vague, perhaps evading him for good reason, the mare was hesitant to voice her answer without reservation. She puzzled him. Instead of delving into the waters, she desired to tread upon them, twirling about while Atlas simply intended to drown. They were certainly polar opposites—she the earth and he the stars— but together they were two powerful forced combined. “Then I should think you formidable,-” Atlas stated with a soft, but growing smile. He did not want to indulge in games this time, but the way in which Lena spoke hinted toward the cryptic bindings of her life. She was indirect, intelligent, but ultimately stronger than he’d thought. “-and believe that second chances are worth the laboring.”

Clearly, Lena had endured much in her lifetime, things Atlas couldn’t presently imagine given her ability to overcome and conquer her woes. Yet, he’d see her tongue unraveled… her hurts betrayed. Perhaps it would not happen in a day, in a month, in a year, but Atlas wondered if she would keep him close, a friend… or whatever her heart desired. The stallion reveled in her humor and her smile, captivated by her compliments and talent for distraction. He hadn’t missed her willingness to move from topic, but was content to let her lead the way. “Is that so? Flattery is certainly uplifting when given by such fine company.” Though he suspected her kind graces held duel meaning… Atlas couldn’t yet decipher the alternative.

I used to hope I’d die a hero. `
image credits

Lena -- It's not the best ;-;

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Messages In This Thread
left me in the dark - by Lena - 01-16-2016, 08:30 PM
RE: left me in the dark - by Atlas - 01-17-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: left me in the dark - by Lena - 01-17-2016, 09:08 PM
RE: left me in the dark - by Atlas - 01-18-2016, 06:08 PM
RE: left me in the dark - by Lena - 01-23-2016, 05:46 PM
RE: left me in the dark - by Atlas - 01-28-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: left me in the dark - by Lena - 01-31-2016, 08:12 AM
RE: left me in the dark - by Atlas - 02-03-2016, 11:55 PM