the Rift

[PRIVATE] Let only the stars judge

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
I have loved so hard
that it broke my heart—
Night had fallen in the Edge, and with it came a heavy fog that clung to trees and lingered as droplets on skin. The King had backed himself against two, thick trunks to rest his heavy weight against their gnarled surfaces. Though the roughness did not bother his thick and scarred hide— it had seen worse insults than this.

His resting was a futile endeavor, truly. It was more a routine set of actions than a true relaxation of his mind. But, still, in the cloak of mist and shadows, his head hung level with his withers and his eyelids closed over navy eyes— eyes that had lost their good humor. Eyes that had become darker, sadder, despite the rich promises Helovia offered.

Ears strained forward and his great head flew up— a distressed whinny floated through the trunks of the Edge. But the sounds was different, lilting and melodic, despite the fearful undertones. And it was strangely (hauntingly) familiar. He found that he was already briskly moving towards the sound, before even realizing that he had left his alcove of pines.

Thick legs swept across the leaf-littered earth, while his gargantuan body wove with surprising ease between the trunks. It had become second nature to him— so different than his first, awkward entrance into the Threshold, where he had become caught between the trunks. Eyes probed the dark fog, ears perked and swiveling to listen for any indication of whoever was in need.

And then, quite abruptly, he halted— nearly upon the celestial maiden’s haunches. The thick mist and his brisk pace had given him little warning of her presence. A long, warm breath escapes him, adding to the condensation in the air, as he sees that she is not injured or otherwise physically in danger. Gently, he reached his broad muzzle out towards her flank, to alert the mare of his own,close presence in the fog.

“Katerina,” his rumble is quiet, “It seems I only find you in the company of your family,” his eyes flickered upwards, towards the stars hidden by the mist. “Are you alright?”
—only to build me up
stronger again.
tembovu
image | table

@Katerina sorry for the wait <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Let only the stars judge - by Katerina - 01-17-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Tembovu - 01-30-2016, 10:14 AM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Katerina - 02-02-2016, 06:49 PM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Tembovu - 02-12-2016, 08:22 AM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Katerina - 02-21-2016, 12:22 AM