the Rift

[PRIVATE] Let only the stars judge

Katerina Posts: 37
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 HH :: 97[8 in Helovia]
ShadowMare

The silver listens, she lets the hollowed man fill the voids of this night with his sorrows, his angers, watching with calm orbs as his voice fluctuates and changes. She cannot help but to wonder what his story is, to know who's breaths he'd still want to count. There were many who's breaths she had lost count of, many that she too wishes she could still count. Katerina had accepted it though, realized that those lost and forgotten breaths were still being counted, still being cared for, whether it is by their creator, or by some other who was not her; those breaths still mattered to someone.

The horns upon her crown shook with the movement of her head as she disagreed with the man's words. Love, oh love, how painful thou art. No matter the pains, the obstacles, the devastation, Katerina would never give up on love. It was something she craved, to care for someone on such levels as love, well it was her goal. She had loved her brother, had loved him with all the chords of her heart, and when he passed, it had shattered her. She had put herself back together though, and the silver had never once considered to not love like that again. Perhaps there won't come a time that she has the chance, but Katerina had loved, does love, and will love again. "You can't say that. You can't let the choices of others take away such a beautiful thing, perhaps the beautifulest thing of all. You just can't." She whispers, her words laced with tongues of the wind. It is such a horrible thing to see hopelessness, to see one so capable, so powerful shield himself for the fear of getting hurt. We all fear that, she could not deny it, but the difference between the interstellar traveler and this man was that Katerina had not only seen how love could destroy but also how love could bind. When the silver thought of love, she didn't think of the horrors, she thought of the possibilities. If only the world saw it this way.

It is with absolute confidence Katerina answers his question, her pale orbs seeping into those dulled azure ones, "Yes, I believe it is my purpose. Not some purpose on the grand-scale of life, but a purpose meant for myself. I owe myself the joys that those things offer me. I want to soar, to live, to love. I do not fear heartbreak, for the thought of love is much more fulfilling then the thought of the latter." She says, stepping forward then, nearing the tense body of the cream. She does not hesitate this time, stretching up she traces the dark marking on his barrel with her muzzle, working her way around his body until she stops at his shoulder where three healed over claws marks lay branded in his skin. "Love is very much like scars. You can either choose for them to be a treasured addition or a painful reminder, and the scars upon my heart are just that, memories of what was once beautiful and never reminders of what is now broken." The silver finishes, offering the stallion her knowledge over the decades of her life. He can do with it what he wishes, but she hopes that this will help ease the pain hidden behind a veil of blue.

@Tembovu

Messages In This Thread
Let only the stars judge - by Katerina - 01-17-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Tembovu - 01-30-2016, 10:14 AM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Katerina - 02-02-2016, 06:49 PM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Tembovu - 02-12-2016, 08:22 AM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Katerina - 02-21-2016, 12:22 AM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Tembovu - 02-22-2016, 04:09 AM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Katerina - 02-29-2016, 02:22 PM
RE: Let only the stars judge - by Tembovu - 03-06-2016, 09:04 PM