the Rift

[OPEN] i am a leaf on the wind (Joining?)

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

She couldn’t say exactly what makes her choose World’s Edge over Dragon’s Throat. Both options had been laid at her feet; both lovely for their own reasons. And even though Elsa doesn’t have much else to add, having offered a place for Lyanna to figure things out had been music to her ears. Because how can she decide, really? How can she know what she wants?

What she wants is her brother back. What she wants is to go home, to Morham. She wants her parents to smile at her again, wants to walk through her forest again, even wants to sit through councils and meetings and everything that once, not so long ago, she found terribly boring.

But she had loved that life, even the most boring bits of it. And she doesn’t want to be here, starting from square one. So when Elsa offered a place to figure it out, it was like the woman had read her mind. Not that Lyanna thinks she did (or knows if she can), but simply that it might have been fate that Elsa said those very words.

Maybe the Edge can be home. Maybe it’ll be more than just a place to stay for a while. But at least it was a start. It was the beginning of a new life. Lyanna may not want it, but she knows she has no choice. She has to start over, and she’ll do it with as much of an open mind as she can. What good is pouting going to do her? She can kick and scream all she wants, but it won’t change the truth of her life.

So instead she makes her way to the border of the edge. It takes her a little while to figure out just exactly where she’s going, but at least, she has the advantage of flying. She takes to the sky, knowing that the Throat lays to the South, but little else. So she flies, trying to dip low in places and catch snippets of conversations until she finally figures out where she’s going.

And then she sees the forest. It is the first thing that snags her attention, and the only thing that matters. It’s not Morham, not her forest. But perhaps it could be. She could learn the trees of this one just as she had in Morham. She lands then, stopping where she thinks the border of the kingdom must be (more or less, anyway). Sounds of life grow stronger farther past the forest, so it’s here that she waits. Someone will find her.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
i am a leaf on the wind (Joining?) - by Lyanna - 01-18-2016, 12:45 PM