A
L
Y
S
A
N
N
E
She did feel bad about startling him but Alysanne biting her lip to stifle the laughter as he jumped and ended up knocking into some of the potted plants - relieved that nothing seemed to require urgent medical attention - there was simply a visitor. When he apologized, though, for knocking over some of the plants Alysanne was quick to shake her head with a smile. “Oh don’t worry about that, they’re only plants. We can put them together again easily enough.”

She stepped back to give him room to exit from the greenhouse, feeling a little ashamed that she did not recognize the antlered stallion that emerged. She really needed to get out and meet the other members of this herd. Most of the time she still expected to find Resplendence hanging out here, or hear Kahlua’s laughter through the trees, and she can’t help but wonder just how long it was going to take to not keep expecting them.

A curious smile warmed her face as he mentioned that he had a gift! After going back into the greenhouse, he emerged once again with a small bundle of plants on his back - explaining that he had been collecting them and wished to learn of their healing factors. “Oh how wonderful! I’d love to assist.” While she wasted away, reminiscing about a herd that no longer existed, she had been missing her chances to get involved with the current herd.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Tilney. I’m Alysanne, one of the Moon Doctors.” She didn’t make a habit of introducing herself by rank but she thought it would help explain why she was here at night, why she might be able to help.

“I think we’ve got enough light, from the moon and your lantern, to take a look at these right now.” She nodded appreciatively up to the beautiful lantern hanging in his antlers. “The one that looks like me,” Her smile was bright now, easy and honest the way it used to be, as the gentle scent of the plants and the night surrounded her. “My father told me the same thing. He called it a painted lily, I don’t even know if that’s the real name.” She chuckled quietly before continuing, enjoying the warm sensation that the nostalgia brought. “But it’s very good for helping with stress, the petals have a bitter taste but a calming effect on the mind.”

She cautiously took a step forward, intrigued by the collection of plants on his back but not wanting to intrude his personal space - even glancing his way to make sure it was alright before looking at the bundle with shining eyes. “You’ve been quite busy with your collecting!” She peered at them all - recognizing most of them. Her knowledge was rusty with disuse - how long had it been since she had gone to go gather herbs? - but  ‘Grab that one, please.’ She asked Hemlock who happily obliged, swooping down and grasping a green vine with yellow, cone-shaped flowers, before flying to show Tilney the one he had picked out. “This vine is part of the nightshade family. The leaves are dangerous when eaten but they can speed along the healing of a wound by being mashed up and placed directly on the wound.”

A small, worried frown creased her black face as she looked between the bundle of plants and Tilney. “I hope you haven’t been eating any of these without knowing what they are first?” A few of them had similar properties to the vine - dangerous in some aspects but helpful in others.

table by sevin | image by abba | Image Credit

@Tilney
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Do no harm - by Tilney - 01-20-2016, 01:16 AM
RE: Do no harm - by Alysanne - 01-22-2016, 09:50 PM
RE: Do no harm - by Tilney - 02-22-2016, 12:20 AM
RE: Do no harm - by Alysanne - 03-08-2016, 08:21 PM