the Rift

[OPEN] Sword less among Pirates(joining)

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella

As he retorted, she heard it. Despite the insults, despite the honesty of the Aurora Basin's exclusive and intolerant past, despite her telling him he wasn't worth her time, he remained. The equine stallion was steadfast and eager. And though she couldn't see the red that rimmed his vision, or feel the anger that she had set ablaze, she could hear in his voice and chosen words that he had passion.

She paused, halting her retreat and turning back towards him, before answering his initial comment. "The Basin has nearly always been occupied by unicorns. Whether or not it is personal preference..." She trailed off, narrow shoulders shrugging in a dismissive manner. She had been conflicted by her own feelings about those who were different than her, but she knew there were members here who had no intolerance. She thought of Ashamin, who had brought the pegasus girl. Zahra had been met warmly enough. Perhaps the steady passing of time was enough to erode the deeply carved laws of the land. "It's just how it's always been."

He continued to follow, to fight for himself. He did not resort to obscenities, nor did he insult her or her herd. A growl slipped through his companions tightened jaws, and though the noise was unsettling in the uneasy air, she didn't allow concern to settle. As long as the shaggy dog remained in his place, she would pay no mind to his defensive stature. The corporal listened on, allowing the equine to plead his case. As Nox continued to share his opinions, regardless of whether or not they were shared by the star girl, it seemed to, reasonably, hit a nerve within the equine buck. The volume of their diplomatic exchange was slowly rising, and as Daemyn began to toe the line of unruly and Mato began to growl more fervently, Ki'irha stepped between the pair and her scourge.

Her jaw clenched, carving deep lines of sternness into her face. "That is enough," she spoke, words steady and firm. Eyes glanced at the dog that snarled at the equine's hooves, before returning to the amethyst jewels that were pressed into the stallion's face. Her words weren't meant for him alone, as Nox was treading a thin line that bordered total disrespect. But Nox was still a member of this herd, and as voices became raised, she knew it was time to deescalate the situation before it turned into a brawl.

"You should not be faulted for the body you were born with. We asked for the horns upon our heads no more than your dog asked for his fur, nor you for the spots upon your back. The standards this herd has held, whether or not they are right, has been upheld since the first unicorn placed foot within the valley." She waited a moment, hopefully allowing the hostility to disperse into the cold air. Perhaps he could offer something. They so desperately needed soldiers, and if he was eager to prove his worth, than he should be allowed the opportunity. "You will be the first of your kind to find family within this herd. It will not be easy, as many hold the same beliefs as these two who stand beside me. But if you are willing to weigh yourself against those odds, I am sure you will find what you are looking for here. However, I an unsure of how you will attempt to prove yourself to so many who want you to fail."

She considered several options, wondering how to offer the stag an opportunity to show what he could offer. The only thing she truly knew, based upon the efforts she had made to train herself to be a keen warrior, was the art of battle. The way he would dance with her, the way his body moved and his blows were laid would show her whether or not it was worth defending his merit to those who wished to deny his acceptance. A smile drew at the corners of her lips, softening the hardness that had previously consumed her features.

"Fight me," she purred, voice like velvet. "Your worth isn't what I question. It's your capabilities. If you wish to enter our home, unarmed and bare, you must prove to me you can stand your own." She knew who she was, and what she was capable of. There would be no hard feelings, no fear of harming a loved one or one who she was obligated to protect. It would be a good time to stretch her legs and return to her potential. And should she be defeated? It would still be a proud moment, and she would be grateful to add such a capable warrior to her ranks. Talk"Come Birdsong, meet me here again. Perhaps in your wanderings you will find a better, easier option, though I hope your desire to remain here will encourage you to return."

She dipped her head to the stallion, and shared a nod with the bristling canine. "Until the next time we meet, I bid you farewell, Daemyn. Should you return, you will find a challenge waiting, and should you decide to remain away, I still wish you the best of luck." The blue girl turned and began her return to her post. Over her shoulder she tossed her final remarks. "Godspeed, friend, I hope to see you soon."

With that, Ki'irha was gone, leaving the stallion to consider his options.

I said he could meet her come birdsong since it'll make sense with the timeline. Sorry for the wait, I hope it's worth it! Feel free to start the spar/challenge to allow him into the Basin. Whether it is a spar or a challenge is up to you, though I prefer a spar with perhaps a shortened timeline, but it's totally up to you. If you'd like me to start it, just send me a PM and I'll get it up ASAP. As long as it's Birdsong IC per the sidebar, anytime is good!
@Daemyn @Mortuus Nox ~
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Sword less among Pirates(joining) - by Daemyn - 01-20-2016, 03:00 AM
RE: Sword less among Pirates(joining) - by Daemyn - 02-04-2016, 01:30 AM
RE: Sword less among Pirates(joining) - by Daemyn - 03-17-2016, 01:55 AM
RE: Sword less among Pirates(joining) - by Ki'irha - 05-01-2016, 07:53 PM