the Rift

[PRIVATE] Correspondence #8: It's my birthday, I can cry if I want to

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

Pain. Even breathing was pain, even the simple beating of my heart. I have never loved anyone more than I loved my children, have never cared for myself the way I have for them. And now, to lay alone and be forced to remember what they could have done with a life I felt I had stolen from them?

It was almost too much. For a time, I thought it was. Only when another approached, purring sweet garbage like the rest of them, did I realize it could actually, somehow, get worse.

At first I didn't even look, too exhausted to turn and see yet another pair of balls. The voice was a bit higher than I expected from a stallion but the words were perfectly fitting for one, even if I hadn't a clue what the hell a chou was. It sounded vaguely like shit to me, plus or minus a few letters. I didn't care to find out, I didn't care for anything but for this monster, so like the ones who kicked children like mine at their birth, to leave.

"I'm not harmed, I'm just getting older. Haven't you ever seen a mare grow old? Would you leave me the hell a--" but as I spoke I made the mistake of looking back, taking just one brief look at the shadow who stood behind me.

It wasn't a stallion at all.

My breath caught, confusion spinning my head. What good was it for a mare to speak such things, what possible motivation could there be for such talk? I coughed, suddenly aware of how strange I must have looked, how much space I must have simply taken up on the earth. Body and hair spread over everything, eyes dropping with salt, was I like the sea to this mare? "I..." I struggled, unable to reform my thoughts or find the end of my sentence.

And what the hell was a chou?

"I'm fine, I murmured eventually, unable to wipe away my tears, jaw slightly slackened in the face of the unfamiliar situation. I didn't thank her, didn't have the composure or understanding or even the desire for that. It was just enough to push a few more words from my still shaking, still tear-stained, but no longer moaning lips. "Are you?"

FYI: Lyn doesn't glow, she was just designed by someone offsite. Also pls just shoot me a message on skype for tags rather than using the site system, @Rhiannon . :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Correspondence #8: It's my birthday, I can cry if I want to - by Ahvelyn - 01-24-2016, 07:39 PM