the Rift

[PRIVATE] the season is ripe

Kirottu Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Youmna :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Lamplight Whit
Sometimes I watch my beloved while he sleeps, and wonder at the curse that haunts even his dreams. It is a curious thing, exquisite in its execution of his confidence, his magnificence - it ruins him, even if all it does it warp and alter his outward appearance. The sun kisses his pelt, and burns him, it tears at him, and leaves fissures and pockmarks all over, hideous scars and sagging, wrinkling, balding skin. I feel it, through our bond, though it does not affect me physically, on a metaphysical level, I experience it with him.

Every day the sun rises.

He sleeps now, to avoid having to be awake during this time - I guard him, a sentinel of silence and solidarity, bound to him by heart, mind and soul, unable to leave his side and unwilling to nevertheless. Kirottu was the name his accursed parents blessed him with, but Kiro will always be the name I call him, though he calls himself Beast more often than not.

The edge of the land we rest upon houses some trees; this is where we linger, where he sleeps and I stand nearby. The weather is growing cooler - a mist dwells near us, as it so often does when I attempt to call upon my magic, to ensure no others will find my beloved while he sleeps. Kiro is not fond of company outside of my own, the amount of times he has asked me to fend off another soul - be they innocent foal or otherwise - is easily greater than the count of tines upon mine own antlers. I smile to myself at the memory, but quickly quiet those feelings, those memories, for the amusement leaks through our bond, and stirs my beloved as he rests his tired, broken body.

It has always been like this for me, though Kiro holds memories that are older than my existence, I know there was a time when he would seek out other company.

I know that it was the bond with me that changed him so.

I hoped to change him again, when he is ready for it.

@Lena
No rush! I fail at starting threads as usual!
Kirottu
the cursed one

floweringfatality & whimzi on deviantart

Messages In This Thread
the season is ripe - by Kirottu - 01-23-2016, 05:28 AM
RE: the season is ripe - by Lena - 01-31-2016, 07:34 AM
RE: the season is ripe - by Kirottu - 02-06-2016, 03:40 AM
RE: the season is ripe - by Lena - 02-13-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: the season is ripe - by Kirottu - 02-15-2016, 05:28 AM
RE: the season is ripe - by Lena - 02-21-2016, 09:45 AM