the Rift

[PRIVATE] the season is ripe

Kirottu Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Youmna :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Lamplight Whit
The mist gathered, its foggy reaches entwined with the forest we resided within - but I had control of it, I summoned it, and I could send it away again. I knew my bonded appreciated my magic, though he rarely actually asked me to use it, it was for both of our benefits that I became well practised with it.

I felt him stir in his sleep, and I shut my eyes to allow myself to fall wholly into his mind. His dreams were often varied, nightmarish and not a place I frequented, but something about them today called to me. The world was seen from his eyes, and his body held all the phantom aches from his cursed form.

--

The orb nestled into his side was warm, glowing softly even in the rays of sunshine that beat down upon it. Kiro smiled, even with his wrinkled lips and droopy eyes, the pride and joy and paternal longing he felt for the orb was a cosmic force, a triumph that couldn't be denied. He had promised the Cerndyr in the woods that he would be an appropriate parent for whatever resided within, and as he felt the stirrings of life nearing, he only grew more excited - and with that excitement, anxiety came too - would he be good enough? Would he keep the promise he had made?

'I will try,' he had said then, his voice coarse and ancient-sounding, raspy from the curse that afflicted him.

A song sounded, sweet and fair, soothing and healing. Kiro remembered it well, and looked up with lilac eyes to behold the wondrous, beautiful creature who spun such a lyric. 'Lena,' he greeted, warm and welcoming, --

I snorted in surprise, pulling myself out of the dream (was it a dream, or a memory?), suddenly and jarringly coming back to reality. The mist had cleared, and in my alarm, the tips of my tines had begun to glow, and an orb of light appeared before my face. Such was my surprise when the scent of something new hit my nostrils, that I cast the illusionary flame forth into the field before me.

Oops, I mentally cringed. It was daytime, and so my magic would not necessarily be very visible in the daylight, but certainly I had called some attention to where we resided. The mists I had called before were dissipating rapidly, and as I looked across the field, I saw the image of one who had featured in the dreams of my bonded.

I didn't think, as I stepped forth from the brush and let the sunlight fall upon my dark, patterned hide. I discarded the guilt that tried to plague me, the sense of duty that would normally hold me back. I was pulled myself forward, one stride, two, another - then, like a tether, I stopped, a stag, royal, strong, fully grown, tensed in the midst of a battle that was invisible to those who knew nothing of what raged on within.

I felt him stir, wake.

I shivered, before sounding a call, a summons, a greeting, to this one who featured in his dreams and memories, and then I turn sharply upon my strong hocks and bounded high across the plains to return to the place from whence I came.

Today would be the day for change.
Kirottu
the cursed one

floweringfatality | whimzi
on deviantart

@Lena

Messages In This Thread
the season is ripe - by Kirottu - 01-23-2016, 05:28 AM
RE: the season is ripe - by Lena - 01-31-2016, 07:34 AM
RE: the season is ripe - by Kirottu - 02-06-2016, 03:40 AM
RE: the season is ripe - by Lena - 02-13-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: the season is ripe - by Kirottu - 02-15-2016, 05:28 AM