the Rift

[PRIVATE] the season is ripe

Kirottu Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Youmna :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Lamplight Whit
I didn't know what I was doing.

I didn't know why I longed to draw the attention of the mare and her kitsune towards me. For my whole life I had been hidden away, locked up, trained to hide and protect, using my magic only to cast illusions and help keep myself and my bonded free from discovery against the world. I knew nothing of social interaction apart from the observation I had been allowed to make, and the memories that my bonded held within his magnificent horned brow. And yet, the sight of this beautiful maiden, and her ivory friend, thrilled me - perhaps it was the high of the memory, the dream, that I had relived through my bonded's eyes.

He was no longer asleep.

What have you done? the question came as his crown, majestic in my eyes though ruined, broken, ugly in his, lifted from the loam. Sunlight, no longer blocked by my misty magic, crept through the naked branches, and dappled his hide. My heart leapt within my chest as my body leapt over the ground, with the vulpine and the unicorn not far, I looked at him with my molten pools and pleaded with a low note for him to understand, to see that it was time to live again - time to step into the Sun and embrace the world once more (and to let me do it too).

What have you done? he asked again, and I pounded the earth with my foreleg, bowing my antlered crown, and murmured back through our bond, it is done!

He rose slowly, his body aching through the curse. My figure shuddered from its torturous grasp on him - the bond hid nothing that he felt from me, and while the pain did not strike me directly, the hold it held upon him, my Kiro, my beloved, was powerful indeed. I bounded to his side when I realised he wanted to rise, letting him use my shoulder - my strength, where his failed; where he slipped, I caught him; where he grumbled and groaned, I stood stoic and silent by his side.

Here they come, I said softly, feeling the anger radiate off him - though it ebbed a bit when the images of the ones I had summoned flashed through the bond. He recognised them, from memories both when the moon and the sun reigned - she does not know, he reassured me, and I nodded, wondering to myself, would it be so tragic if she did?

"Imogen," his deep, tortured voice croaked gruffly, as his violet eyes turned to behold the kitsune as she danced deftly through the forest. His scarred, bruised, ruined body shook on thin, barely-stable stilts, his balding, patchy nape twitched against the cold breeze that blew. "Lena," he breathed again, as I bowed my great crown low to greet both unicorn and companion - frankly, I wasn't sure what else to do. "It has been a while," I was too nervous to look for myself, but I thought I could feel a smile curve his lips as he spoke.

I shivered, not from the cold, at the blossom of hope that bloomed within him, fighting to exist against the frigid atmosphere he had kept us in all this time. It was a new feeling to me - one I prayed to all the Gods Kiro had ever told me about that we would not lose in a hurry.
Kirottu
the cursed one

floweringfatality | whimzi
on deviantart

@Lena

Messages In This Thread
the season is ripe - by Kirottu - 01-23-2016, 05:28 AM
RE: the season is ripe - by Lena - 01-31-2016, 07:34 AM
RE: the season is ripe - by Kirottu - 02-06-2016, 03:40 AM
RE: the season is ripe - by Lena - 02-13-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: the season is ripe - by Kirottu - 02-15-2016, 05:28 AM
RE: the season is ripe - by Lena - 02-21-2016, 09:45 AM