the Rift

a Touch of Destiny [OPEN]

Tuppence Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

tuppence

a touch of destiny

She had journeyed further through the threshold, crossing creeks and carefully tumbling over fallen trees. The mission to entomb her dead sister had been lonely indeed, so the odd doe subconsiously longed for company. 
"If this Helovia, Where Helovians?"
Her question was directed not only rhetorically at her own mind, but to each bird in the trees or every little mammal burrowed in their roots. It was almost a challenge in fact. Coincidentally, it was at that very moment that her audits captured hoofbeats among the birdsong. "Ah, Here helovians" Was Tuppences next smirk, turning her stained maw to face the approaching stranger. She made no attempt at all to further acknowledge the spotted doe; only gazed numbly at the mare through her own hazel sight givers. Studying her quickly Tuppence noticed that this does spotted coat was certainly not her most distinguishing feature. She was winged, these were not your average not bird-like pennons. These were the delicate wings similar to that of a butterfly, a whole kaleidoscope of colours making up their palette.
"Hello Miss! Welcome to Helovia! My name is Myrrine, it's a pleasure to meet you!"

The line sounded almost rehearsed to Tuppence's slightly simpler ears. Would she to get a tour of the sights and attractions Helovia had to offer? But now her thoughts were turning unpleasant, and she always hated her ability to make an incredibly quick, assumed judgement of strangers. Tuppence had absolutely no clue on Helovias customs, or any other land for that matter. Softly turning on her haunches she paced towards the stranger.
 "Myrrine" She tried her best at pronouncing the faes name as she neared, then reached to the mares forhead and pressed her maw softly against the whorl in the center of her head in a kiss. It was the traditional greeting in the land she had travelled so far from, and she really didn't know any different. "I Tuppence" was her next deep murmur, her brown eyes now only inches from Myrrines. 

Anothers hoofbeats filled the air and soon another doe was present among them, but that didn't stop Tuppence from gazing into the spotted faes intense hazel eyes. She heard the shatter of a birds beak, and that was just enough to pull her gaze to the newer stranger. There was something about this mare; She held herself more fiercely, more daringly then the pied girl. The Eagle that piped from a branch above sparked Tuppences curiosity, wishing to reach out and touch him; She had never seen one so close. This new stranger held a similar appearance to herself; Dark and exotic. She was beautiful, and for that Tuppence felt a challenge almost. 
“Gwaihir and I are always eager to meet new faces. I am Megaera, of the Dragon’s Throat.”

Her nares turned to the golden eagle once again, wishing to greet him with a kiss like she had the other speckled stranger. Instead she turned to the dark mare and stepped forwards, reaching up with her stained lips to kiss the whorl on his strangers head, hoping she would accept her introduction. "I Tuppence... From far away"

Table by Tamme | image credit

@Megaera @Myrrine

Messages In This Thread
a Touch of Destiny [OPEN] - by Tuppence - 01-23-2016, 05:32 AM
RE: a Touch of Destiny [OPEN] - by Myrrine - 01-23-2016, 12:07 PM
RE: a Touch of Destiny [OPEN] - by Megaera - 01-26-2016, 02:20 PM
RE: a Touch of Destiny [OPEN] - by Tuppence - 01-31-2016, 08:55 PM
RE: a Touch of Destiny [OPEN] - by Myrrine - 01-31-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: a Touch of Destiny [OPEN] - by Ki'irha - 01-31-2016, 11:04 PM
RE: a Touch of Destiny [OPEN] - by Megaera - 02-02-2016, 06:02 PM
RE: a Touch of Destiny [OPEN] - by Tuppence - 02-23-2016, 06:34 AM