the Rift

[OPEN] For Years or for Hours [Herb Gathering]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The story of the flowers intrigued the mare, but then, curious things were bound to happen in Helovia, so she supposed she should not have been surprised. Still, it was a simple beauty, and beneficial to one's health, apparently. It was easy for Amaris to see it, to appreciate it, and completely ignore her own uniqueness, to write her own unusual attributes off as ugly and freakish. Though, her scythe was proving useful, today.

Amaris smiled, pausing her motions after the first sheet of bark fell to the ground, voicing her thoughts as they came to her regarding Agondice's flowery tresses. "I wonder if they change colour as the seasons do? They are truly something else." As her tail lifted to begin work on a different section of the great timber, Agondice spoke further - commenting on the uniqueness of her own hide, her scales, her blood. It was a question that others had posed in different ways, one that she had grown used to - even grown to enjoy, when in the past it had caused her pain and doubt.

Amaris was still in the habit of calling herself ugly, but at least she knew she was capable. At least she knew what flowed through her veins was nothing to be ashamed of, just as the scales upon her hide, and the scythe upon the elongated length of her tail. As the other mare drew attention to it, she stopped her motion again, looking at what she had accomplished in such a short expanse of time, smiling absently.

"I was born this way," she said, her voice soft but clear, curious at the mare's choice of words - to think of these differences as a gift, was a wondrous idea. Though gifts were usually treasured and welcomed, Amaris never did get a choice but to accept it by the blood that defined her. She supposed she had grown to accept it - she hardly had another choice when it was her entire existence. "My father was like me, and my sister. We are the only ones, that I know of, to share equine and dragon's blood." And I don't even know where they are, she wanted to say, but such a thing was far too heavy for such an introductory conversation.

"Do you like it in the Falls?" she asked instead, rolling her shoulders as she swing her tail towards the tree again.
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart

@Agondice
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: For Years or for Hours [Herb Gathering] - by Amaris - 02-27-2016, 06:34 AM