they left roses on corpses to cover the smell [Open Spar]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
Do you know how much I've lost?

The question rang, it echoed through the leaves, a challenge in its own right. Do you know how much I have? she wanted to reply, to shout to this demon of the deep forest, to rebutt and refute it - but she held her tongue silent, she didn't allow the words to leave the confines of her skull, for what was the use of an argument of words when one had decided their bodies would decide the outcome?

You should have left, it called again, and Amaris the mare agreed with its words this time - but Amaris the queen roared in defiance (and when she heard that this demon couldn't back down, the mare within sent her own silent plea in reply; neither can I).

If sunlight had shone upon her, and lit her up for all to see, she would have appeared more dragon than equine for once, though no scales had moved - merely her demeanour, her expression, her posture - Amaris had become the queen that her scales told the world she should be. Though her wings were tightly packed to her sides, she held herself with a ready poise, tension clear in the tautness of muscle and sinew just beneath her skin. The sun was not shining, so she was instead a muted beast, a wraith of the night, a majestic and terrifying creature created for destruction and death, destroying and conquering.

The Queen had risen.

Ears were pressed forward and eyes were bright and open - for the night was dark (and full of terrors - she was one of them) and-

- she was blind.

A sudden intake of air flooded her senses with nothing but death, her hocks quivered and buckled for a second, the surprise of the realisation that great, that confounding to her. It was so subtle, and yet so sudden, and so massively constricting - she was expecting something to happen, but not this, not the sudden, complete, total loss of her most precious sense. Hind legs trembled in readiness to turn a flee the scene, an instinct, a reaction to this insult, this slap in the face. But even if she had her vision, she would not have been able to make a hasty retreat, and besides, the onslaught had only just begun.

It was fortunate that her limbs had begun to lighten, in readiness for flight, for movement, though they never got the chance to execute said intentions. He came in silence, this shade, this demon of the deep forest, and the point of his chest collided harshly against her left hip, though the impact was absorbed by her already bent legs - she was pushed back, her hooves scrabbled in the undergrowth, a deep, resounding grunt echoed from within her barrel, and she was blind, I'm blind, I'm-

She shook her tiara, but it was no use, she couldn't shake the darkness that clogged her vision. She scrambled to get her feet beneath her, all the while her inner voice cried blind, I'm blind. Her feet found their purchase and her thoughts continued to churn. She couldn't see, and she couldn't hear him - all she could smell was the stench of death and all she could hear was the rush of her own breathing, the pounding of her own heart.

The Queen raged. She raged and cried and tormented herself - blind, I'm blind, she cried, she wailed. A deep snort rumbled through her nostrils, as her crown bowed to below the level of her chest. Her hip ached, her left hind limb did not want to bear weight completely anymore, but her tail still swung, long and dangerous - with a heavy flick, she extended the whip that was wrapped around its serpentine length. With another, she sent its stinging, burning length crackling after the area she surmised her foe had trekked. While she was physically able to complete the task, it did place further strain upon her injured hind - move, she encouraged herself, remembering croaked commands hastily given by the gladiator of her previous herdland.

So move she did, ambling and blind, shifting her position through the brush in the wake of her own attempted assault against her foe, a moving target in this midnight charade, this blind date, this challenge of demons clashing against one another for no purpose than to dance on the rooftop of hell's cavern below.

744 words
1/3 attack posts
sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: they left roses on corpses to cover the smell [Open Spar] - by Amaris - 01-28-2016, 05:41 AM