the Rift

[OPEN] Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

Milo

You left and I never came back

It is not long before the songstress finds me. Here in the woods one expects eternal solitude, endless fields of shadow and a lack of companionship. The mare that appears before me, white as innocent snow and decorated meekly, defies this expectation. She finds me like rain, she finds me like the wind or mortality or other inescapable, inexplicable things.

She is small but not timid, searching but not wheedling. The company she seeks is such that I can provide, the protection that she offers is the sort I do not recognize. A walk is not much to offer, her name without any other prompting is, to a son of Knox, much more. I will not tell her my name. I do not speak. It is not as if my name is really said much anymore, anyway.

I consider the question. May I walk with you? So simple and lacking further motivation. Just a walk. As I go on long walks, she wishes to join me. I have no reason to decline, no reason to accept. I merely tilt my head, nodding dumbly at the sound of her name, and then take another slow step forward. It will be her choice to walk with me, the child who hangs his head and kinks his hind to offset the hurt in his spine.

Softly, I let her song replay in my mind. It is beautiful and haunting, like memories I cannot forget. I wonder what has made her hurt, what has made such sorrow form to notes in her mouth. Without intention, without realizing, I begin to hum the notes she sang in a minor key, one unfamiliar and awkward as it escapes me. It is only when I notice the song that I look back to her, that I pause my painful continuance to see if she will follow. The last note, trailing off, raises like a question or two. Why would she choose to follow? Why sing such sorrowful songs?

""

image credits

@Aisling

Messages In This Thread
Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 01-26-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 01-29-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 02-03-2016, 01:16 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 02-04-2016, 12:34 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 02-09-2016, 12:08 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 02-18-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 03-05-2016, 11:14 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 04-01-2016, 09:35 PM