the Rift

[OPEN] Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

Milo

You left and I never came back

I can't say that I'm surprised that she follows me. I seem to be a target for the concerned affection of others. Perhaps it's my size or posture, so twisted and warped at such a young age. My legs that move slow and awkward, my back with its permanent kink. Even my hooves, feeling and looking so heavy. That sugar cube of lead, as if it might drag me into some criminal's ocean.

I do not break my silence, not even for so much as a loud breath. Every inhale is a quiet reply of its one, let her hear it or not. And just as I am not surprised that she follows, I am not surprised that eventually she breaks the quiet. She tells me of her song, of the tale that it tells. I hear no tale in its tune, read nothing but wordless sorrow in its notes. Let her find the words that I cannot; I will remain, as ever, silent. My head hangs, and sorrow fills my eyes as ever. If she's perceptive enough, if she's even looking, perhaps she'll see the grief with which I am so afflicted.

When she speaks though, of home, cautioning me not to leave it, I shake my head. Perhaps it's a no, perhaps it's just a movement. I'm not certain of the answer even myself. But it's a motion nonetheless, one followed by a swift swerve in my path. I should go home, and if this mare wishes to learn of a new one, let her follow me. The regret in her voice is not unfamiliar, it's something I've seen in so many.

I lift my gaze, catching hers only for a brief second before tossing my head towards the distant Falls and whinnying. The motion is repeated, but the noise echoes only once. This is the way to my home, whatever the very thing means.

This, anyway, is the way to the place I was born.

""

image credits

@Aisling Sorry for the wait

Messages In This Thread
Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 01-26-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 01-29-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 02-03-2016, 01:16 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 02-04-2016, 12:34 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 02-09-2016, 12:08 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 02-18-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 03-05-2016, 11:14 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 04-01-2016, 09:35 PM