the Rift

[OPEN] Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

Milo

You left and I never came back

Her pace matches mine and I cannot help but wonder why she slows herself so for me. True, and as has already been established, I seem to be marked with a red x in terms of needing others to care for me, but that doesn't mean I'm used to it. With a mother now gone and a father lost in himself, I can remember only the touch of my uncle.

Even that, coming from such a behemoth, had felt strange. I am thankful that, if nothing else, this mare does not touch me as we walk. She seems to understand that such a distance must remain for now.

What comes next, though, is a puzzling surprise. At the first hint of voice from her lips I pause, slowing the drag of my hooves until they have ceased entirely. My gold eyes settle on her; my silver-backed ears swivel to catch every syllable. But what she speaks to me is its own sort of nonsense, something as incomprehensible as I imagine my silence is to her.

Knowing nothing that I can say I only snort, shake my head, shut my eyes, and turn away. Just keep walking, keep moving towards home. My tail swishes and my pace quickens ever so slightly, as much as I can manage. The necklace that I wear swings and thumps against my chest, the liquid in it threatening to burn its container. The hissing of blood is a permanent reminder of how I am hurt. I do not want her catering to my disease, whether that be a crooked spine or the eternal weight of loss.

""

image credits

@Aisling

Messages In This Thread
Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 01-26-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 01-29-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 02-03-2016, 01:16 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 02-04-2016, 12:34 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 02-09-2016, 12:08 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 02-18-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Aisling - 03-05-2016, 11:14 PM
RE: Speak Sorrow Until Tomorrow - by Milo - 04-01-2016, 09:35 PM