the Rift

Taking a break (Hototo)

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
 Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

The grullo staggers back stunned as well. I toss my head to the side, glancing at him from behind dark lashes with eyes of bloody earth. His own skittish reaction begins to quell my own, though the much older and more experienced male pulls himself together more quickly than I could hope to. His golden eyes are soft, despite their vibrant color. I find my breath to be impoverished as I reach for it after my stuttered word, which he returns happily. The smile is warming, and it pulls the air forward into my lungs and allows me to feel sturdy again.

For a moment, my head had been light and airy as though I would collapse where I stood.

Such frightening events came with surprises, but this one ended up coming to a fairly good start. This stallion seems kind, and that soothes the beating heart in my chest which gallops forth, as though it would continue straight up my throat and out into the world, leaving me behind. It slows its pace now, and I relax as his words continue to flow naturally gently. A shy smile on my lips even as my gaze darts toward the ground, my hoof pawing uncertainly at the earth. Unfortunately, before I can look up to respond to his casual banter, my jig is up; I have been caught, guilty.

I swing my head off toward the side, looking forward into a wall of tall grass, green and crimson eyes looking anywhere but toward the stallion who has caught me in my impromptu exploration of Helovia. "For today," my voice says meekly, face dropping back toward my hooves. "I'm sure mother will find me soon enough."

Art by Krazie!</style>

Messages In This Thread
Taking a break (Hototo) - by Lace - 10-11-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: Taking a break (Hototo) - by Hototo - 10-13-2012, 09:32 PM
RE: Taking a break (Hototo) - by Lace - 10-14-2012, 07:46 AM
RE: Taking a break (Hototo) - by Hototo - 11-02-2012, 09:10 PM
RE: Taking a break (Hototo) - by Lace - 11-16-2012, 02:56 PM