the Rift

A House of Memories

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
no dreams within her heart,
but dreams of love
The mare’s smile broadens across her lips when she sees what nature’s magic has done, what miracle and relief has been given to the large stallion. Although he seems to still be suffering a lack of vision or some irritation by the way he tilts his head, there is already a notable difference in his wounds, and the blue healer couldn’t be happier for it. Her chest swells with pleasure and the length of her leonine tail is arced happily behind her, the long hair brushing against the frozen ground. Tiamat may not be any great warrior or leader, and she is not well-known like some, but she likes to think that every little thing she does—every tiny act of kindness—makes an impact on someone, somewhere.

And that is all the satisfaction she needs.

With her white eyes softening, the ocean mare smiles when the pale mare introduces herself as Agnodice, a healer for the Hidden Falls. As far as she can recall, Tiamat has only ever met two other individuals from the Falls—Ciceron, the gallant knight, and Miykael, the generous healer—both of whom she enjoyed very much. However, before she is able to inquire of her friends, the stallion’s question (as modest and fluttering as it is) distracts her attention in a sudden surge of delight.

“Yes, it is my home,” she gives a dainty nod of her head, the weight of her body leaning forward a little, as though she is going to take a step closer in her earnest joy. Words of praise and admiration for the mountain valley bubble to her tongue, ever adoring of her home and herd, but it is then when Agnodice announces her departure. Swallowing her enthusiasm for a moment more, the ocean mare watches her leave, blue lips curving into a friendly smile. “I hope so too! It was a pleasure, Agnodice,” her voice chimes merrily, truly hoping to see her fellow healer again.

A hushed breath sighs from her nostrils before Tiamat returns her attention again to her painted company, continuing her earlier delight with a sparkling smile. “The Aurora Basin is up north, in the mountains—but don’t worry, there’s enough ways to keep warm. It is a beautiful place,” her voice is threaded with laughter, her lion tail swaying wistfully as thoughts of the pristine white valley, the unfreezing lake, and the smell of fresh pine fill her mind. It is obvious that she utterly adores her home. It is as perfect a place can be in her eyes, so beautiful and welcoming, with herd mates that are not only her friends, but her family. The Basin gave her a home when she had none. To share this joy, this completeness, this sense of belonging with someone else brings her such blissful pleasure.

Taking a step closer and looking up to the stallion with wide, excited eyes, she offers to him what Lena had offered to her, so long ago. “Perhaps I could take you there, if you are searching for a home? Or even a place to just rest and recuperate, you would be welcomed,” her heart suddenly aches for the familiarity of the mountains, but Tiamat dare not overwhelm him. It is not her to push or pry, only do what she can. Pursing her lips, she tilts her head a little. “I’m sorry, but I don’t think I caught your name?” She adds as an afterthought, laughing blithely to herself.

“Speech.”
@Kodiak | art by Blu ♥
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
A House of Memories - by Kodiak - 01-26-2016, 06:26 PM
RE: A House of Memories - by Agnodice - 01-26-2016, 10:09 PM
RE: A House of Memories - by Tiamat - 01-28-2016, 08:46 PM
RE: A House of Memories - by Kodiak - 01-29-2016, 09:15 PM
RE: A House of Memories - by Agnodice - 02-01-2016, 10:34 PM
RE: A House of Memories - by Tiamat - 02-02-2016, 10:35 PM
RE: A House of Memories - by Kodiak - 02-04-2016, 08:32 PM