the Rift

Unnecessary Words [Sohalia]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

At times, the lovely fae felt out of place with her wings. There were so many without, and to her their lack of extra appendages was not the least bit disconcerting. She wondered how it would feel to lose the weight on her shoulders, to be able to squeeze into tight spaces or sleep without worrying about getting a crick in a wing. She loved her ability to fly, of course, but who wouldn't? To be able to climb to such great heights, and to free fall without a care in the world - the adrenaline rush was spectacular! She wouldn't trade it for anything, and yet she did at times find herself wondering what others thought of her. She knew that there were those that considered their species of a 'higher order' that might look down on her - she knew that all too well - and then, she supposed, there were those who feared her kind, with their 'unnatural' looks and abilities.

It was of no consequence to the lonely femme, really. Part of the reason that she had remained alone was that she didn't want to have to worry about such things. She liked the freedom to go where she pleased, to see who she pleased, to do as she pleased. Her entire life was up to her, and her only; she did not have to answer to a king or a leader or anyone else, save the gods. And she liked it that way. Or she would, if she had more places to go to or more horses to talk to. That's what the world boiled down to, anyway, right? Life is built around family and friends, or that's what they say. They say that life can be measured by those that are touched by one's existence. Perhaps it was time for Sohalia to do some soul-touching.

The stutter was gone when Rowan spoke next, but still the equine seemed awed by the snowy pegasus. This was the reaction that made Sohalia feel misplaced; she was no more special than any other species - why couldn't everyone see that? She snorted, shaking her head, banner dancing along her nape. "Why, I'm no more a majesty than I am a dancing frog!" she answered tartly, humor flitting across her face. "I may get closer to the sky than you, but gods help me if I try to take a nap! You try sleeping on a wing the wrong way and not being able to fly for a week. And don't get me started on how absolutely useless I am on the ground."

She was trying to lighten the mood, not realizing that she might sound as though she were complaining. That certainly was not her goal, and by the time she realized her mistake, it was too late. "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to complain, it's just that every species is special in its own way. You can certainly do things I can't, I assure you." Her voice faded then as she halted her ramblings; her cranium ducked shyly in her discomfort, and she offered a slight smile. She hadn't imagined she would be so awkward when it came to conversing with others! She had been alone for far too long, if this was how she acted now. Mentally, the fae vowed to seek more friends, and redevelop her lacking social skills.

[W/C | 562]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Unnecessary Words [Sohalia] - by Rowan - 10-11-2012, 06:24 PM
RE: Unnecessary Words [Sohalia] - by Sohalia - 10-13-2012, 10:10 PM
RE: Unnecessary Words [Sohalia] - by Rowan - 10-13-2012, 11:02 PM
RE: Unnecessary Words [Sohalia] - by Sohalia - 10-14-2012, 10:41 PM
RE: Unnecessary Words [Sohalia] - by Rowan - 10-15-2012, 08:31 PM
RE: Unnecessary Words [Sohalia] - by Sohalia - 10-15-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: Unnecessary Words [Sohalia] - by Rowan - 10-18-2012, 12:12 AM
RE: Unnecessary Words [Sohalia] - by Sohalia - 10-18-2012, 12:39 PM
RE: Unnecessary Words [Sohalia] - by Rowan - 10-19-2012, 09:16 PM
RE: Unnecessary Words [Sohalia] - by Sohalia - 10-26-2012, 09:41 PM
RE: Unnecessary Words [Sohalia] - by Rowan - 10-28-2012, 03:03 PM