the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Cool Air I Breathe

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob

DECEMBER
& this is Carl

Being pregnant sucked. Period. The new weight swirling about in her stomach usually wasn't a pleasant one, and the mare had come to resent the new load she had to carry. Not the child itself obviously, in fact the thought of her having a babe was so exciting she could barely contain it; in her own way of course. But what she really did resent was the hell she had to go through first, before she finally was able to enjoy the gift of motherhood. She didn't even know what gender it was going to be, what she was going to name it or what it would look like. Would the little one have father's eyes or hers? What about his coat or maybe she would be an ashy grey. She couldn't even remember what color she was when she was a child, but she was certain she hadn't always been this white color.

Nonetheless, her ankles ached and the knew weight put pressure on her joints, often leading to her groaning softly to herself in pain at night. She was sure that Miykael was most likely worried sick about her, this being her first and all, so she didn't dare mention anything when it came to her discomfort thanks to the little miracle. So she continued to waddle with the most confidence she could muster, and soon she came across the Thistle meadow, a soft moon shining down upon her. She hadn't been able to sleep again; the constant kicking of the babe and her restless thoughts had caused her to finally leave the sanctuary of the Falls, and to wander elsewhere. She didn't know how to feel now that she had returned, but she knew for certain that her new life with her beloved was going to be one she would never regret. She would never thought that she would accomplish such a feat; finding someone who will love her for who she is, and then to begin with a family boot. Perhaps she had been too scarred by the idea since her incident with Isara.

She still felt a slight sting when she thought about the now mare (she would be a mare now wouldn't she?) She hadn't seen her since the flood granted by the Earth God, and even when she had seen her the then filly had broken her heart in two. She had attacked her, not intentionally of course, but her mind had made it quite clear her true feelings, and that had devastated the ivory lass. She had pined and mourned over the girl for months; refusing to socialize with anyone, and had barely eaten. If no one had known better, they would have assumed she had lost a child of her own. She supposed in her mind that she had. Abruptly she shook her large crown, trying to rid herself of those negative thoughts. She couldn't linger on the past anymore, not when she had someone else who would be relying on her soon. Sure, Carl often sought guidance and comfort from her, but for the most part he was rather self sufficient. He would even wander off at random times to find some time to himself, like he had now, leaving December to find some peace for herself. Before she knew it her lips were meeting with icy water, taking in the cool liquid to sate her parchedness.

With a swish of her tail and when satisfied she lifted her head, letting the cool moonlight of late Orangemoon wash over her body; giving it a slight blue tint. Steel eyes looked out into the open calmly, thoughtfully, wondering where exactly she would go next. She could always go back and curl up next to the winged beast who had taken her heart for his, or she could simply remain here and enjoy the evening ambience for a little longer. All she knew was that something was keeping her up, keeping her out and about and to this place, as if something important were to happen tonight. December often brushed aside such thoughts of intuition due to lack of logic, but perhaps because of her pregnancy hormones, she had decided to give in just this once. Only time would tell if her feeling had been correct, or if it had all been utter hogwash.

Image Credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Messages In This Thread
The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 01-31-2016, 12:59 AM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 01-31-2016, 12:04 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 01-31-2016, 10:36 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 01-31-2016, 11:53 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 02-04-2016, 12:47 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 02-08-2016, 01:20 AM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by December - 02-08-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: The Cool Air I Breathe - by Isara - 02-21-2016, 11:40 PM